[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here running a hackintosh? Is it any good? My computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.jpg (255 KB, 1600x1548) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
255 KB, 1600x1548
Anyone here running a hackintosh? Is it any good? My computer is compatible with the software but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
>>
I had a very stable system that ran mavericks and Yosemite with out any significant problems for the past 2 or 3 years. Last week I wiped my drive with the intention of installing El capitain - the installation went smoother than any other hackentosh I've done but it's super unstable. Granted i haven't devoted a lot of time to troubleshooting, but when OSX is somehow making the screen turn off and on twice a second I loose motivation quickly. Luckily it's not my only computer.

So, OP, what I'm trying to say is this: a hackentosh can be a great machine if you have the time and patience to get your system up and running correctly, providing you have the proper hardware.
>>
>>55514238
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
fonts are blurry unless you have a high dpi monitor. they look terrible on 1080p screens.
>>
>>55514238
Eating shit from your hands is never worth it.
>>
>>55514238
yeah it is. best OS IMO and very stable if you buy the hardware carefully.
>>
>>55514238
>think really different
that is such a gay tagline. it just screams "i unironically think i know what i'm doing"
>>
>>55514767
Do you think you're cool or something
>>
>>55514238
>hackintosh
>motherboard is older AMD cpu from around 2002
yeah that cant hackintosh
>>
>>55514238
I actually like a computer that fucking works, nigger.
>>
Just use Linux you hipster.
>>
>>55516094
I KNOW I'm cool
>>
>>55514238
>think REALLY different
Do you think you're cool or something?
>>
Currently using it.

Depending on your hardware it might work really stable. I kinda agree with this >>55514815 though I still prefer this font rendering to what Windows has been using for decades. I use it daily and have no issues aside from the obvious fact that there's no games for it which, to be fair isn't a huge problem.

It might be also less painful to install and set up than some linux distros in some cases. If you have dealt with arch this is babby tier, if you were given a perfectly working laptop with ubuntu already preinstalled it could be a pain.
>>
I have to use OS X at work so I turned my rig at home into a hackintosh. My only issues were with audio, but I had an extra USB audio device and that works automatically.

You really need access to a another machine running OS X to make the installation media for your hackintosh, though. However, I have done it in the past by torrenting an OS X VMware image and running that from within VMware workstation on Windows.
>>
>>55514767
Step back guys, this guy has 200 linux points
>>
I had a HP microtower I converted into a hackintosh at one point and while I got everything working I felt the performance hit of running OS X as apposed to windows wasn't worth it, never again.
>>
I've got a Hackintosh as one of my main machines - such a delight to use. Not really a need to use Windows except for vidya.
>>
i want my macfag and winshit hater, freedom lover /g/ back.normies and /v/ ruined this board.

http://webmshare.com/y8jgX
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.