[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ what's the best VR headset under $100? I was considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: NOON.png (447 KB, 1577x876) Image search: [Google]
NOON.png
447 KB, 1577x876
Hey /g/ what's the best VR headset under $100?
I was considering getting the noon but I wanted to hear your inputs.
>>
Cardboard VR for your phone
>>
Google Cardboard and some tape to attach it to your head.
>>
Your own brain dude
>>
I'm still trying to figure out why people buy those when there are cardboard ones for like <$5
>>
You can just buy a $5 chinese case if you're going to use your phone. It's all the same shit.

Cheapest headset of worth is OSVR at $399
>>
>>55514070
BOBOVR Z4
>>
File: Ritech-Riem-3-QR-Code.png (1018 B, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
Ritech-Riem-3-QR-Code.png
1018 B, 135x135
>>55514070
if you want a plastic one, I like my Riem 3, it's not like the Noon does anything special whatsoever
like $20 from a US seller, $10 from China
there's one thing that might be an issue, and that's the fact that the capacitive button is placed really close to where Cardboard apps put the settings icon, so you'll need to put your phone as low to the bottom inside it as you can

also, it doesn't come with a QR code to configure the lens settings so here's one I found that I'm using with it

if you have a S6/S7, the Gear VR is actually kind of nice (head tracking is loads better), but it's not worth it to go out of your way to get it (got mine as part of a promotion -- it's a piece of kit that's probably $30 to make that'd probably sell for $60 that's actually being sold for $100)
>>
File: bobovr.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bobovr.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
>>55514070
For $30+, you need a full headstrap, a camera hole, and a foolproof mounting system. No suction pads, it's gotta be secure.
I don't think the Noon is gonna be worth $100. I would get the BOBOVR Z4 for $30-50 if you want a comfortable headset with a transparent front.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.