[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a OnePlus One. There is a tiny shallow chip in the center
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 41SmSfU3XCL._AC_US160_.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
41SmSfU3XCL._AC_US160_.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
I have a OnePlus One. There is a tiny shallow chip in the center of the phone but it does not affect the touchscreen. Can I use either superglue or windshield resin to fill it in and smooth it over with a razor blade before putting a protective cover on?

I do not want to try to replace the screen because I'd probably break it, and I do not want to send it for the cost of a new phone just to repair this + waiting 30 days.
>>
Every google search is only bringing me to how to disassemble and replace the lcd and digitizer. I don't want to do all that. I just want to fill in the shallow chip, smooth it out, and put a cover on it until the Note 7 comes out. Will resin or superglue make that area's touch screen unusable?
>>
>>55510716
Depends on how big the chip is.
>>
I think you'd be better off asking /diy/
>>
>>55510716
Yes. Just get a screen cover.
>>
>>55510844
Tiny and shallow. Only noticable because it's in the center of the phone. I can still use the area's touchscreen. I just don't know if I can use windshield resin to smooth over the chip before putting a screen on.
>>
>>55510940
You probably could, but if its tiny I doubt you'd lose touch sensitivity in that area.

As in you'd lose touch on that specific area where the resin will go on but if its tiny, you'll never notice it during normal use.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.