[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth following a CEH course that uses: Windows 8.1 Enterprise/server
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: index.png (3 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3 KB, 284x177
Is it worth following a CEH course that uses:
Windows 8.1 Enterprise/server 2012R2 as the Host Machine and and Windows 8.1, Windows 7, WindowsServer 2008R2, and Windows Server 2012 as the virtual machines?

I'm currently on Windows 8.1 Pro. Is there any risk of losing files switching between this Host Machine and fucking up my plex server for example?
>>
bump

It also recommends 16GB RAM. Is that overkill? I have 8GB.
>>
you know the saying 'if you have to ask...'?
>>
>>55510414
Yes but I don't think this applies to this situation.
>>
>>55509970
>CEH
>Windows
Topkek
>>
>>55510496
it does
>>
>>55510530
Wouldn't this show more results in pen testing for example rather than running linux OS's on the virtual machine or am I giving linux to much credit?
>>
>>55510590
too*

>>55510548
Well, all windows OS and servers did indeed draw a redflag.
>>
>>55510590
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
dude, if you want to learn the stuff then take the course. 8gb will work, but you'll probably end up using the page file on disk.
>>
Well if the majority of systems that would be compromised are Windows, it would make sense to learn how it functions by operating it yourself.
>>
>>55510852
I don't mind that but will I lose files?
>>
>>55509970
CEH is useless
>>
>>55510381
>It also recommends 16GB RAM. Is that overkill
>>55510852
>8gb will work
Nope.
Win2012 needs 4GB minimum if it's going to be hosting VMs. Which leaves 12GB left for the other 4 VMs.
>>
>>55513135
I hear this. Is there anything you don't learn in MSCE+CCNA? You can self-teach yourself this shit but exams are expensive as hell to the average pleb like myself...
>>
>>55513191

you can run those 4 with 6gb of ram (1gb, 1gb, 2gb, 2gb) and op is probably going to run the vms from inside windows 8.1. with no real services and app usage the ram usage will be minimal.

is op really going to run all 4 vms at the same time?
>>
>>55513777
>mcse+ccna

dolan pls
>>
>>55512537

i don't think you understand how ram and page files work. you shouldn't take the ceh until you understand computers better.
>>
>>55514043
Yes, I am
>>
>>55514302
If you do not understand the most basics of virtualization, you need to pick up some books before you waste money on certifications you will undoubtedly fail.

Use your summer vacation learning.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.