[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever made a ethkill cable before? It a power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: ethkill.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ethkill.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
Has anyone here ever made a ethkill cable before?

It a power plug to a RJ45 jack, and should kill anything that its plugged into. I'm not sure how much damage to the board it will do, but it might be fun to see 240v on a motherboard.
>>
>>55509759
I've used one, it's pretty fun
>>
>>55509759
I've used this before on a commiecast router before returning it
>>
>>55509759
Plug of doom is more fun. It's also more likely to accidentally kill you / burn your house down
>>
>>55511201
>Plug of doom

what is it/ does it do?
>>
>>55511336
It's a heavy duty throw switch wired to a plug with the fuse replaced with a length of nail and live wired through the switch directly to earth. Guaranteed to pop the circuit breakers for an entire building. Side effects may include the plug arc welding itself into the socket, the plug catching fire, the building catching fire, death by fire
>>
File: single-rcd (1).jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
single-rcd (1).jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>55511367
>wired through the switch directly to earth
I don't know where you are, but most houses in Australia have RCD's, so anything over 30mA leakage gets shut off.

It wont work here :'(
>>
>>55511446
Depends on their sensitivity I guess, tried one with a couple of RCDs and they popped in a cascade
>>
>>55511367
Bullshit. It'll only pop the breaker for that one circuit.
>fuses in plugs
Unless in bongistan you people feed all your outlets from the main breaker and then rely on the plug's fuse to protect that circuit. I seriously hope you guys don't do that.
But there's no way your plug of doom can blow breakers for a circuit that it isn't plugged into.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.