[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize CAPTCHA is just google's tool to develop maps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: jewgle.jpg (7 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
jewgle.jpg
7 KB, 247x204
>tfw you realize CAPTCHA is just google's tool to develop maps
>>
Are you slow or something
>>
>>55486455
And v1 was for books. Which was why putting "niggers" into captcha v1 was a thing.
>>
>>55486455
i don't have any reaction faces that communicate that the reaction happened literally six fucking years ago.
>>
>>55486465
in my defense it's 4 AM and it really seemed convincing 60 seconds ago.
>>
4chan is slowly becoming the only site I use that still force captcha. All others I've stopped using over time. Its almost like this shitposter >>55480713 is on to something
>>
>>55486477
Operation Renigger was such an astounding success, too bad forcing the "old v1" captchas doesnt actually bring it back.

I really do feel bad for any half baked idiot posting here still stuck with the garbage select all trees stuff.
>>
>>55486553
>success
The founder of captcha even said that he can just filter the word nigger out
>>
>>55486479
but you didn't realize this until a minute ago?
>>
>>55486566
It was more the amount of people who started doing it than any effect it had.
>>
Is it really that hard to figure out? You should know realize that by the moment you see it
>>
yes, but now it has fallen out of favor and it seems like quite the srtetch.
>>
>>55486553
>Operation Renigger was ... an astounding success
funny story: I met Luis Von Ahn (the guy who invented and published about Captcha and all these gamey ways of proving you're a human while also accomplishing other things like transcribing shit and whatnot) and asked him about people messing with results, even in a collaborative way.

the short answer is there's no hope of fooling google. it's like mice conspiring to trick a scientist into letting them out of a maze.

the longer version is that there are tons of ways to prevent this from causing problems. for one thing, google can flag all results coming from a certain domain (like for example 4chan), which is pretty sound if you know that a community is prolific in fraud and deception (like for example 4chan). for another, output can be flagged for more review (perhaps from other places/people) if need be.

finally, there was some observation that the default state for the pairs of captchas was a very easy one and a harder one. that's just the neutral state. google has a LOT of gold standard data though, and the difficulty of these challenges ranges enormously (with lots of fine gradation). so google can give you a captcha they know that's moderately difficult if they think you're exploiting the fact that one is clearer than the other to give them bad data.

and all of this still continues to serve every aspect of re/captcha's original purpose (both with regard to google, as well as the client (4chan), as well as the end user (you)). there may be yet more aspects of captcha that prevent abuse, but we didn't get to sit down and have a comprehensive conversation about it.

like i said, we're mice in a very simple maze as far as google is concerned in this regard. it's profoundly easy to see, anticipate, and stymy basically anything we attempt to do.
>>
And what about the ones where they ask you to identify rivers, food, mountains and such?
Is it to improve some image sorting algorithm ou still mapping stuff?

I wish I wasn't too lazy to look for a way to bypass this new captcha.
>>
File: 250px-079Slowpoke.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-079Slowpoke.png
46 KB, 250x250
>>55486478
how's this?
>>
>>55486687
looks too happy/content. is there an upset slowpoke?
>>
File: Capture.png (770 KB, 557x564) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
770 KB, 557x564
>>55486686
>Is it to improve some image sorting algorithm ou still mapping stuff?
it's google ai training. you show it a tree and say 'this is a tree', then calibrate with all these other pictures that people say are of trees. more data means more likelihood of correctly identifying trees in future.
>>
File: 1468035735125.png (214 KB, 671x479) Image search: [Google]
1468035735125.png
214 KB, 671x479
>>55487308
so explain why when it can identify something as a girl it thinks a visually similar image is a deformed baby with two heads?
>>
>>55487382
>a deformed baby with two heads
Sounds like a girl to me.
>>
>>55487382
it's perhaps making a guess, as it's similar to the other images. human face, laid back on cloth material, etc.

>click 'verify' once there are none left
no fuck you, that's making me do more work than usual
>>
>>55487382
Y DIS SO BLUE
>>
>>55487414
>click 'verify' once there are none left
Those captchas never work either, always makes me solve a second one

I just skip them now
>>
>>55487382
Because it's just a software and not a magician.

+ it needs to "learn" and is probably not trained to recognize semi-sexual asian models
>>
>>55487477
>is probably not trained to recognize semi-sexual asian models
you do realize what this will be used for 8 times out of 10 right?
Or is this your first week on the internet?
>>
File: sloo.png (172 KB, 2500x125) Image search: [Google]
sloo.png
172 KB, 2500x125
>>55486687
>>
File: 1452450251879.gif (2 MB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
1452450251879.gif
2 MB, 320x353
>>55486455
reminder that typing nigger still works with the legacy captcha

stop feeding data into googles botnet
>>
>>55487567
what am I looking at here?
>>
>>55487583
Guy had part of his face cut off cuz cancer lol
>>
>>55486670
>type nigger to not feed the botnet
>google can flag all results coming from a certain domain (like for example 4chan)
>googles solution is to ignore input from 4chan

sounds like a success to me
>>
>>55488490
4chan can get blocked from using captcha, and given the bad actors in the past that would mean they would move on to shittier captcha alternatives, or forcing people to pay for passes.

so yeah, "success".
>>
>>55486455
took you long enough
>>
>>55486553
>still stuck with the garbage select all trees stuff.
It's like five times as fast though.
>>
>>55488718
the /g/ creed: typing things is Good as it is for leet hackers. whereas clicking things is Bad, because something something normies
>>
Why is new CAPTCHA so ethnocentric? What if you don't know English good?
>>
hello world
>>
>>55487402
kek
>>
>>55486455
JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.