[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. Yesterday I decided to pour water on my ThinkPad T420
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 236479853_e21221cdbd.jpg (40 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
236479853_e21221cdbd.jpg
40 KB, 500x305
Hey /g/. Yesterday I decided to pour water on my ThinkPad T420 keyboard to test out the cool water drainage system. As expected, the water drained out the holes in the bottom. It was pretty cool. The computer also turned off and wouldn't turn back on for several minutes. But then it did and it seemed fine.

Today I noticed that the mouse cursor was moving on its own towards the top right corner of the screen, possibly due to water damage. I didn't know what to do, so I wrote a Bash script to counteract the cursor's movement. I moved the cursor to the bottom left and timed how long it took to reach the other sides of the screen, so I had the timing perfect. The cursor jiggled around but with no net movement. But a few hours later I noticed the cursor was moving to the top right again, at a faster velocity than when I first wrote the script with its perfectly calibrated values.

I don't really use the mouse for anything so it's not a big deal. But is there a better solution for this problem?
>>
>>55484345
Install Gentoo
>>
Next time get an actual well built laptop like a panasonic.
>>
>>55484345
Replace the motherboard because you're a fucking retard and the T420 isn't water resistant
>>
>>55484412

>taking the bait

just hide and move on
>>
>>55484436
It's 100% true, anon.
>>
>>55484412
>the T420 isn't water resistant
Explain why it has water drainage holes under the keyboard if not for draining water.
>>
>>55484345
disconnect the touchpad and all should be fine
>>
>>55484378
this
>>
File: confuzzled kot.jpg (8 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
confuzzled kot.jpg
8 KB, 250x201
>Yesterday I decided to pour water on my ThinkPad T420 keyboard
>>
>>55484345
Next time use distilled water to test, or brag the water resistance.
>>
>>55484497
it's a gimmick that kind of works if you never open it
>>
>>55484345
>this car comes with airbags
>better test them out by running my car into a wall
>I broke 4 ribs and my wrist
>>
>>55484345
Lenovo left that "feature" in, but at that point It hadnt worked right for a few generations

They completely removed it in the T430 and up line.
In old thinkpads you could put it under running water and the drain would work perfectly.
You have a 50/50 shot with a T420 failing miserably
>>
>>55484345
sounds to me like it's low on oil, Remove the dvd drive and pour about a half a cup of 40 weight motor oil in it and let it sit over night.
>>
You fucking baffoon OP.
>>
>>55486432
Lenovo literally encourages you to do this.
http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/avoiding-water-on-the-brain

>>55489047
>this car comes with airbags
>better blindly assume they work without testing
>I died when I got into an actual accident
>>
File: 4chan spanish man laughing.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4chan spanish man laughing.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>55484345
>he fell for the water drainage meme
>>
>>55489121
This.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.