[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok /g/, Ive been disconnected from the world of computers for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: i7cpu1.png (1 MB, 1024x880) Image search: [Google]
i7cpu1.png
1 MB, 1024x880
ok /g/, Ive been disconnected from the world of computers for the past couple of years. my knowledge is at the level that i can put parts into a case and have a working PC. Its come to my attention that my motherboard needs replacing but the issue is its socket 1155 so that means i will have to replace my CPU as well. My question is out of 1150, 11511 2011-3 what one would be best to invest in so i don't have this issue again?

My current build is:
Intel Core i7 2700K
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z (LGA1155)
GeForce GTX 780
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Samsung SSD 950 SCSI

Now to my understanding for someone like me who uses his PC just for playing video games i should only have to spend around $250 AUD on a motherboard to be able to play up and coming games on maximum if i have a decent GPU since the GPU does the bulk of the work, or am i wrong? same for the CPU, is it worth getting a i7 if i don't render videos?
>>
>>55482977
>uses his PC just for playing video games
Your cpu is perfectly fine actually. There haven't been a lot of improvements since that series. You should upgrade your graphics card and call it a day.
>>
>>55482977
>Ive been disconnected from the world of computers for the past couple of years

Did BlackLivesMatter free you from prison?
>>
>>55483051
My motherboard is up the shiter though needs replacing :(
>>
>>55483339
then just buy another cheap 1155 motherboard
>>
>>55483392
It was to my understanding you can't buy them anymore
>>
>>55483496
Try Newegg or Amazon
>>
>>55483496
lol what the fuck you never heard of ebay?
>>
>>55483837
Australia
>>55483700
Nothing of worth when searching 1155 on ebay, plus i need a M.2 port
>>
You are all retarded.
>>
>>55484439
Why do you need an M.2 port? I really doubt it justifies the cost of a motherboard and cpu upgrade.
>>
>>55484662
pretty sure because he has an m.2 ssd
>>
>>55482977
In all honesty, you don't really to need upgrade. You could just overclock your CPU and it'll provide roughly the same performance as a 6700K. It'll just run hotter.
>>
Not OP but also searching searching for potentially new CPU.

So, since 2nd gen i series, which came out 5+ years ago, there weren't any significant improvements?

I just need a card that won't bottleneck 1080p Ultra Witcher 3, everything else I don't mind taking a little longer time to finish.
>>
>>55486693
You haven't provided enough information for anyone to make a proper assessment of your situation and provide actual advice.

As such, buy an Athlon 64+.
>>
>>55486708
What is there to provide faggot, I told you what I need
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.