[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.wired.com/2016/07/secre t-conversations-end-end-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: fb_icon_325x325.png (5 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
fb_icon_325x325.png
5 KB, 325x325
https://www.wired.com/2016/07/secret-conversations-end-end-encryption-facebook-messenger-arrived/
>On Friday, Facebook plans to roll out a beta version of a new feature it calls “secret conversations.” It’s encrypted messages, end-to-end, so that in theory no one—not a snoop on your local network, not an FBI agent with a warrant, not even Facebook itself—can intercept them.
Feels good knowing that I soon can have privacy on Facebook without the botnet spying on me!
>>
>>55482164
>privacy on Facebook
What oxymoron is this?
>>
>>55482164
"Privacy" and "Facebook" in the same sentence.
Does not compute.

Wired.com - "please disable your adblock". Hahaha! Oh you!
>>
>>55482164
Wat? Then how does Facebook keep a log of messages like they do now?
>>
>>55482278
Their regular products will still be used, and for "private" messages they will have plenty of meta-data to collect, like who you talk to, when, how often, for how long, who messages whom the most, your location, and so forth. All of this, coupled with what they already know about you, is still quite valuable, and translated into money very nicely :^)
>>
>>55482164
Let me guess: they will record messages indirectly with autocorrect data.
>>
>>55482164
>facebook
>privacy
Choose one and only one.
>>
>>55482164
Every message will be encrypted – after sending a copy to facebook :^^^^^^^)
>>
>facebook
>privacy
Offing yourself is the only option for your kind.
>>
File: 1460152150644.jpg (22 KB, 310x263) Image search: [Google]
1460152150644.jpg
22 KB, 310x263
>>55482164
How to bypass wired's begging for user to disable the ad blocker?
>>
>>55482180
They want your data to advertise to you.
They, and you, don't want the government to have your data so they can arrest you.
>>
>>55482750
Normally you're supposed to post a pastebin of the article along with the article, but OP is a newfag idiot.
>>
>>55482164
>it's encrypted guys!!!!
>based on a key you don't have control over
>based on a key facebook has stored somewhere and could use at any time to decrypt your chats.
>>
File: wired.png (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wired.png
284 KB, 1920x1080
>>55482750
?
>>
>>55482750
Anti-adblock killer by Reek.
>>
>>55482164

>Privacy
>Facebook

OP You sir just got a chuckle out of me.
>>
File: wymtunkbwmiascork29s.jpg (57 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
wymtunkbwmiascork29s.jpg
57 KB, 620x400
I don't see why you guys are so mistrustful of facebook.
>>
Seems to me like a trick to fool people into having conversations about sensitive matters through Facebook.
>>
>>55482750
ublock+umatrix does the trick
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.