[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with a laptop buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 810a94M0uoL._SL1500_.jpg (141 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
810a94M0uoL._SL1500_.jpg
141 KB, 1500x1500
I Move a lot and I want to replace my old laptop with something of budget, but good performance,I've been hearing good reviews of the Dell inspiron 7559 gamer.

It has 8gb ram, an i7 2.6/3.5 ghz and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 4gb.

It looks really good for the price and the reviews are good, but I dont trust it,Would you guys recommend it?
>>
>>55475124
If you can wait a few months, the new generation of GPUs could look very attractive in laptops. GTX 1060 and RX 480 are made in less power-consuming architecture (though in RX's case that doesn't mean LOW, just "lower than before") and a similar change to HQ intel chips made a huge thermal upgrade from 4th to 6th generation.

GTX 960M is an equivalent of 750Ti/950 desktop. That's just for gaming on minimum/medium setting now, let alone in a few years. So seriously consider waiting for laptops with Polaris/Pascal.

Also go for i5. i7 makes no difference in 99% games. Put that money into an SSD (cruricla in laptops!) M.2 drive instead.

Consider:

Lenovo Y700
Asus ROG
Acer Nitro
>>
>>55475367

I don't have much time left as my old laptop is dead already.

But i'll consider the i5 and the others laptops you mentioned, But after some time I could end up buying another laptop with new gen CPU.

Thanks!
>>
So a friend of mine got this per my suggestion. He's pretty happy with it. It seems to never go above 70c which is nice. The performance seems to be good, just temper your expectations by looking at this:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960M.138006.0.html
>>
File: it's pretty good..png (41 KB, 784x597) Image search: [Google]
it's pretty good..png
41 KB, 784x597
>>55475124
i've had it since December, haven't had many issues or trouble. battery life is pretty meh but seems to be pretty good, handles moderate gaming well and does everything else i want it to.
>>
File: file.png (919 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
file.png
919 B, 100x100
>>55475124
>>
>>55475367
You're wrong about the the i5/i7.
If you plan on playing GTA 5 on a laptop, then make sure you get the i7. The performance difference is very noticible.
>>
>>55476269
if you plan on playing gta 5 on a laptop you will be playing it on low to mid low and it won't matter.
>>
I've heard these have problems running Ubuntu, Anyone care to comment?
>>
>>55475525
Get whichever fits your aesthetic preference. In the $1000 price tier:
- Lenovo Y700 has a kickass subwoofer
- Asus ROG has a DVD drive
- Dell Inspiron 7559 has a service hatch to easily expand/replace parts

From a bit higher price range, there's MSI and Acer Nitro.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.