[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caV EiitI2vg Pardon my down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: GYXr5xmj.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GYXr5xmj.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caVEiitI2vg

Pardon my downs, but does anyone have a decent explanation of how this attack works? I don't understand how a SIM would help you get into a google account
>>
Unrelated I'm almost impressed that it's this fucking easy
>>
>>55474033
Fucking Ethan I enjoyed when he was making meme videos and not political bullshit
>>
>>55474110
yeah same, but this one got me interested. it's a shame he's incapable of explaining it
>>
Your Privacy Is at Risk*

*If you're a faggy youtube eceleb who makes shitty drama or and unfunny meme videos
>>
call t-mobile and request a new sim card
when you got it call activate it by calling t-mobile again
use the phone number to recover your google again

thats all

phone companys dont care that much about your safety 99% of the time they dont check if your the person you claim to be.
>>
>>55474110
Too be fair the reason he's working on political bullshit is because it came to him not the other way around
>>
>>55474266
I must admit I wrote the comment literally 20 seconds into the video and thought he was just going to rant about """"recent"""" (aka the last 10 years) news about data breaches like Sony etc.
>>
>>55474110
>political
political? a phone company literally gave his phone away the first who asked for it
>>
>>55474308
see >>55474292
>>
Lmao

poodlecorp
>>
>>55474033
Isn't it obvious that the guy just works at T-mobile, that's why he needs the password?
>>
>>55474110
yeah this is a first for me. I guess I havent seen any of his newer stuff. i'd bang his sort of cute jew wife though
>>
>>55474292
Kek I think all of us have done that at least once or twice before
>>
>>55474260
so if my google account doesn't have a phone number associated this attack doesn't work?
>>
My debit card got hacked the other month. 10 transactions at exact same time and location. they only spent like $255 but I also use t mobile. did I get haxxed?
>>
>>55474033
if you have the sim, you will get the 2 factor authentication.
>>
>>55474416
I believe you need to have 2-step verification enabled
>>
so i guess we were right

it's literally just social engineering and the company's fault again

"""""hackers""""", everybody
>>
>>55474416
yes
>>
>>55474266
Not really. He started going full SJW and calling out other Youtubers for being big meanie poopie heads long before any recent drama started. That's basically all his channel is now - getting into internet fights and doing performance art in the streets. No more funny reaction videos and goofs, because there's real serious business to attend to first.
>>
>>55474526
it got shit when he got loads of subscribers and his content started to be regular. I remember back when he did youtube poops and didn't give a fuck
>>
>>55474466
>>55474521
cool, that makes sense
>>
>>55474626
he changed because he said that he doesn't like comedians who never change their shtick

in a way, i can appreciate that but its still boring to me
>>
File: 1467944874775-b.jpg (11 KB, 227x165) Image search: [Google]
1467944874775-b.jpg
11 KB, 227x165
>>55474033
Youtubers have a number attached to their gmail accounts and if you can spoof/hijack the number you can request a new gmail password via phone number verification.
>>
Vape Nation one was funny as shit. Modern Art was good too
>>
>>55474202
you think this doesn't apply to everyone?
For a lot of people, all online accounts tie into your email.
That email is often accessed through a login and a text message.
People tend to use passwords that is easy to remember, which means they are fairly easy to guess or find used somewhere else in a database.
This is okay for a lot of people, as you still need access to that text.

But if you can get the sim card just by asking for it, then you have pretty easy access to the mail account.
And with the mail account, you have access to all accounts connected to it.

I mean I think it is great that more people realize this, but how come people didn't figure this out a long time ago.
>>
>>55474110
>HOLY SHIT MAAAAN I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT PRIVACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS GIVE ME MY MEMES WTF!?111!

To be quite honest these hacks and all that bullshit happening is really encouraging, hope he'll get more people involved.
>>
>>55474033
Kek, this sort of attack has been going on for years, since AOL in the 90s.
>>
>>55474670
That reminds me of a guy who went to DEFCON to learn how people get hacked

He met a girl that called his ISP while spoofing her number to his, she claimed to be his wife while having crying_baby.mp3 running in the background and jus twent "he left and forgot to give me acces, pls gib?" or smth like that

Gotta love social engineering
>>
>>55475551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjYhmX_OUQQ&t=114
Probably this
>>
Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjYhmX_OUQQ
>>
File: 1467994569269.jpg (94 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467994569269.jpg
94 KB, 1200x1000
>>55474033
Remember when Ethan would actually make fun videos instead of preachy shit because he wants to feel like an internet activist?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.