[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet Explorers and Browsers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: mozilla.jpg (19 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
mozilla.jpg
19 KB, 256x256
I've been loyal to Mozilla products for decades, but I've had enough. Firefox is SHIT. Sucks up too much processing power, always crashing, it can never decide how to interact with Flash.

What are some new browsers to try? Is Chrome any good now? It sucked up a lot of processor a few years ago.
>>
>Chrom*
>good
>>
>>55470844
nope, you're stuck with firefox anon. I'm thinking of using an old version when it used to be good in sandboxie and hope I don't get infected, thoughts?
>>
>>55470844
>Sucks up too much processing power, always crashing, it can never decide how to interact with Flash.
You're clearly doing it wrong. You probably have 20 toolbars installed or something.
>>
>>55470844
>it can never decide how to interact with Flash
>Flash
You don't say
>>
Try opera
>>
Wtf I hate Firefox now
>>
Chromium is bretty gud, in my opinion.
I tried really hard switching over to chromium based browsers, but I always come back to Firefox because the omni bar in chrome is a gigantic piece of shit.
It pisses me off that it always try to autocomplete URLs and 90% of the the time it suggests the wrong one, and if you press enter, it will go to the fucking subpage suggested instead of the domain's main page, no matter how long you've been using the browser, while in FF the address bar does a pretty good job only offering suggestions REALLY matter, based on your browsing habits, and not random bullshit.

If anyone knows any fix for this, please let me know. And i'm now talking about the search feature, so disabling that doesn't help at all.
>>
>>55470844
seamonkey
>>
>>55470844
Chromium or SeaMonkey are the correct choices.
>>
chromium + vimium desu
>>
>>55470844
Clean your shit up and install cyberfox.
>>
Probably a windows user too stupid to realize EVERY browser there is totally shit. Best way to go is browsing/most stuff on the laptop running linux and heavy lifting things like games and anime on your windows desktop.
>>
IE is really well put together if you're on an OS that supports it
>>
>>55470844
If I had a dollar everytime someone claimed to be a disgruntled longtime Mozilla loyalist on the internet, I'd be a rich man. All browsers suck; you've just got to find the best one for your use case.
>>
Lel at this faggot recommending botnet chromium.

Summer-/g/
>>
>>55470844
Have you tried resetting your profile?
>>
>>55472764
This.
People bloat their browsers to hell and back and then complain about then and switch to another browser, continuing the vicious cycle.
>>
Firefox is still your best option atm. Anything Blink/Webkit based needs way more processing power than FF, and Flash is a PoS that doesn't really work that well on anything.

Uninstall your toolbars and stop crying.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.