[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rx 480 non-ref performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 800x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 800x662
So eurofag here thinking about getting the 480,thing is cant really decide if I want to wait for the non reference cards.Do we have any info on how much better they will be than the reference model?Are they going to be worth the extra wait and money?
>>
Wait

Or trust the leaks that show it at 1400MHZ reaching 980 perf on dx11 stuff let alone dx12
>>
Where's the 470, lads?
>>
>>55470349
The reference cards are trash. Most custom cards will have an extra pin that will solve the PCI E drawing too much power problem.
>>
>>55470383
Been wondering about that too.Did they even give a estimated date for release for it?Honestly at the price I doubt anything will beat it and the looking at the prices the 1050 is probably gooing to be around $200 plus usual nvidia launched shenanigans.
>>
>>55470416
That was fixed by the new driver yesterday,hell it even gave the card a 4% performance boost.
>>
>>55470445
Rather wait a few days and make sure that's true.
>>
It's really a matter of patience. The more you wait the better.

Non reference will most likely fix the common power issues and will end up getting cheaper.
>>
>>55470445
Is still over spec, but not by a lot
>>
>>55470508
The 'spec' is 12 years old and PSUs have long abandoned it, you got cards drawing far more over the 'spec' for years and nothing happened
>>
>>55470586
Psus have nothing to do with it. Pcie slot spec was actually 25w originally. 75w is uprated from that due to increased power demand.
So you're already pushing the so called 12 year old spec hard at 50w.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.