[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
amazing update Ubuntu >ncurses broken (or the terminal. seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
amazing update Ubuntu
>ncurses broken (or the terminal. seems they're too avant garde to tell us the actual name of the fucking terminal program and I can't be bothered to find out)
>settings broken
>Ubuntu hipster appstore still as shit as ever and takes 2 years to open up
>still using Unity, which is still utter fucking garbage yet somehow better than GNOME 3
>only good move is finally getting rid of those useless web apps

there is no excuse for setting this as the new LTS.
>>
>>55460317
Also it seems I can't change setting on the terminal now.

who authorised this
>>
>using ubuntu
I found your mistake
>>
>>55460536
http://www.jewbuntu.org/
>>
>>55460317
>Using Ubuntu when Debian and Arch exist
>>
>>55460317
>www.archlinux.org
no time to read a manual?
>manjaro.github.io
problem solved
>>
>>55460317
For some reason the proprietary NVIDIA drivers fuck up my DNS. I'm going to stick with 14.04 until 2019.
>>
>>55460317
They also fucked up Bumblebee too, so no more Nvidia Optimus.
>>
Werks 4 me
>>
>>55460802
Your anecdote is as valid as mine.

If you don't like it, return it and get your money back.
>>
>>55460317
I'm using Ubuntu with only security updates enabled. Can't wake up
>>
>>55460867
I hope you mean 14.04.4, because 16.04 was fucked since day one. I actually went back to Arch because Ubuntu was too unstable for me.
>>
>>55460917
Nah man. It's 16.04. Arch got me used to systemd lately.

I'd LOVE to use Arch but it has no LTS brunch
>>
I've had weird issues with Xubuntu 16.04 on my T420, but for the most part it was just the cursor disappearing on every screen lock and losing wireless connectivity half the time on wake up. For some reason LightDM Greeter would also cause my screen to flash in the middle of typing my password so I would have to retype it. I don't recall 14.04 ever having these issues. Regardless I switched to Fedora and everything's been working smoothly.
>>
>>55460317
>>55460423
>>55460718
>>55460753
>>55460969
16.04 was a mistake
>>
>my grub is a fucking goner

thanks ubuntu
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.