[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /g/, I've now used hololens the fov sucks. it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
alright /g/, I've now used hololens

the fov sucks. it's a small rectangle in the center of your vision

placing holograms and then walking around them is rad. if you leave the room they'll be there when you return. I guess it maps your space as point cloud data or something

tapping on shit with your finger is stupid and never works, you need the little remote

it actually does run windows and its pretty weird. i opened youtube on my wall and watched some videos in edge.

tl;dr 5 years away from being real, i'd probably replace my work laptop with this since then I could sit anywhere and have giant hologram windows open all over my house
>>
>>55457386
except botnet
>>
>>55457386
wasn't the FOV issue inherent to the technology of the screen?

it doesn't really seems like in 5 years they'll be able to solve that, let alone, make it cheap and powerful enough to become mainstream. my guess would be more like 20 years
>>
>>55457386
Hope they make it so it can connect to a larger desktop PC to improve performance or something.
>>
>>55458395
Really? You think these issues can't be resolved within 5yrs? 5 fucking yrs?

Do you have any idea the dev strides that can be made in 5yrs?

Check back in 5 and see how right you were.
>>
>>55459303
How exactly..with a cable? The point of this is that it is self contained.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.