[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are gaming chairs a meme? What chairs do you guys use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: dseries-examples.png (109 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
dseries-examples.png
109 KB, 600x250
Are gaming chairs a meme? What chairs do you guys use?
>>
>>55447480
I sat in one at a store and I still don't understand them.

They set out to make them look like something from a race car or sports cars, but its stupid, they make them with aggressive bolsters to keep you in your seat, not for comfort.
>>
>>55447480
Pure autism
>>
Eurotech ioo
Got it for $200 used in like new condition
It has pretty much all the features you see in chairs that are twice its price
>>
Yes.
>>
>>55447509
Yeah, you see the bolsters are part of a covert effort to stop the spread of you fat fucks thighs. The bolsters are there to remind you that if you spill past them or they are too confining..you are a fat fuck that needs to lose weight.

I hope that clears it up.
>>
>>55447480
>What chairs do you guys use?
Steelcase leap, used to have a herman miller aeron but the plastic broke
>>
Idk i got a little office chair for 2$ at a yard sale, hurts my ass but its better than the folding lawn chair i was using
>>
>>55450252

Hello ChairBro

I got a leap because its what we have at the office. Problem is its not a good comfy home chair and I kind of regret it. I used to have some cheapo thing with a high back from staples and enjoyed it more since I could lean back into it and get comfy.

So from that aspect the meme ricer chairs are probably better (and cheaper)
>>
I use a hard plastic chair from IKEA.
Honestly these "gaming chairs" are a ripoff and you can get a good office chair from Staples or Office Max that does just as well. The Gaming Chairs ^tm just reclines like 170 degrees and holds 700 pounds to keep up with American gamers.
>>
>>55447480

Any good gaming chairs with backlight? Staring at computer screens for long session can really strain my eyes and I noticed a bit of ambient light can help, though I don't want use the ceiling light.
>>
>>55447480
>do you guys use
Lazy boy recliner
>>
>>55447480
What type of mechanical gaming chair would you recommend? I've looked at the reds blues and greens like in your image but I'm concerned about which one is objectively superior for tickling my ass hair. I can't what to show off in the mechanical gaming chair general :)
>>
I just use a padded folding chair. I don't see what the big deal is.
>>
>>55450330
Same problem for me and considering purchasing a markus to have a comfy chair, is this a good idea?
>>
Using a 140 dollar Serta Chair it overall is worth the money payed and looks alot better than those shitty chairs described by op
>>
>>55448950
That or you're 6'5 and should have bought a different chair.
>>
>implying that you don't need a chair that will accommodate for 9G's of force
>implying that a lard ass leaning to his right isn't equivalent to 9G's of force
>>
>>55447480
DXSeat S-Class is the ONLY acceptable "gaming chair".
>>
haworth very task at home
herman miller aeron at work

i prefer the haworth, comfier seat and more adjustable arms.
>>
>>55447480
Herman Miller Aeron. Comfy coding and studying.
>>
>>55447509
They're the most adjustable chairs outside of the standard $1000 office chair from herman miller or Steel Case
>>
>>55447480
gaming chairs = gaming laptops
office max/staples chairs = comsumer laptop
ikea chair = entry business laptop
steelcase/herman miller/haworth = thinkpads
>>
File: yosh.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yosh.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>55447480
>What chairs do you guys use?
I do not.
Sitting on the ground naturally makes you more flexible over time. I threw out all my chairs a bit more then a year a go and now I can sit in full lotus position.
One of the best things I ever did.

After about 1 ~ 2 hours it starts to hurt, which is just my body telling me I need a break.
Then I take a walk outside, go jogging, or do household chores. Then I return completely refreshed and focused.

Chairs make you lazy and comfort is the killer of all creativity.
>>
>>55450330
>>55450252
Holy mother of overpaying.
>>
>>55450442
I'm looking into the tenseatless variety myself. I find my room is just far too small for an ordinary chair; but I still need the performance boost. Any ideas?
>>
>>55452077
So basically.

Overpriced by a bit
Normal
Business normal
Overpriced and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>55452236
>>55452290
like with thinkpads, buying them used from ch12. businesses/cl for the faction of the cost is ideal.
>>
File: monobloc-chair.png (39 KB, 368x263) Image search: [Google]
monobloc-chair.png
39 KB, 368x263
>>55447480
wouldn't wanna flash a blacklight over this throne of ass sweat
>>
IKEA Markus I took the arms off of.
Select a chair is easy when you aren't a fat fuck, basically everything works.
>>
>>55452196
ok that's cool and all but clean your fucking room
>>
I use an old 1950s era task chair. It's probably horrible for my back, but it looks pretty cool.
>>
>>55452560
beauty hurts
>>
>>55448950
Nice projection RMS
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.