[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wireless router
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: P_500.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
P_500.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
Looking to update my wireless router. Currently I'm looking at the asus rt-ac66u, good choice or should I be looking elsewhere?
>>
You get what you pay for, except for the WRT54g
>>
Great choice. I've had one for about a year. Handles all my server traffic without issue. Also it's compatible with the Tomato firmware, which is awesome.
>>
>>55447391
Fantastic choice.

I have the RT-N66U (basically older version of this) and it's hands down the best router I've ever had by a long margin.
>>
>>55447399
Are you saying that the wrt54g is good or bad
>>
>>55448915
for $50 you could've had a router that lasted 10years like i have

that's $5 a year
>>
>>55447391
You are not the only anon needing a new router. Got a WRT54GL back in 2008, its starting to slowly choke on speed and need to be rebooted (3 times in the past 5 months). I love the range and ddwrt but not sure if there's a viable option that is as stable and feature rich as my current set up.
>>
>>55448884

Same here. Just keep it patched and you're good to go.
>>
>>55447391
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.