[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/. I tried /biz/ but they didn't really elaborate so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Math_Finance.jpg (380 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
Math_Finance.jpg
380 KB, 660x440
Hi /g/. I tried /biz/ but they didn't really elaborate so here goes. Hopefully someone knows something.

I'm studying mathematics and want work in finance related jobs. Doing high-level probability and combining it with computer science (ML, AI maybe data mining).

How would I go about in making myself attractive to employers?

I assume pick all stats and comp sci courses I can.

Any good projects I should focus on? Are there resources available? Can't find a lot about this topic.

My main city of interest is Stockholm and perhaps London (or maybe Brussels after brexit).

NEETs and all speculators welcome. I enjoy all perspectives.
>>
>>55447161

predictions are alright until something happens.

look into bizz if you want to harmonize your skill with money (sheeky forums is 4 chan and), all those shill sites are embedding harmful scripts on your localStorage.
>>
>>55447161
Become a Stock analist.
Pick up basic anything databases and website related.
Stick with the Math and you're gucci.

That is if you want to be totally burned out in the next 12 years .
>>
>>55447248
I don't see being burned out as a problem, if I get a good reward for it. Since this fucking math education is burning me out constantly, but I know I'm buying a future, right?

>>55447237
Could you elaborate?
>>
>Asking for career advice on 4chan.

While I understand the validity of obtaining information from multiple sources and perspectives, just get out now. It sounds like you actually have some potential to succeed, so don't ask about it here. Seek out the following sources:

1. Career counselors at your university (At the least they can recommend you resources).
2. Your professors (Chances are they've made the same recommendations many times and would be happy to help, especially if they like you).
3. People in the field you're interested in (You would be surprised how interested people are in talking about what they do, they just never get asked. Network a bit).
4. Pretty much anyone that's not on 4chan (Sure, there might be *some* people here who've "made it," but even though 4chan is not a hivemind is represents a very distinct slice of worldviews and fairly similar experiences).

Best of luck 我的家庭 (I know 的 isn't usually used when the subject is a close familial relation but American slang does not translate well into Chinese).
>>
>>55447406
Well. Going into mathematics was a tip from 4chan. So I really do think that there comes some great information from this forum. However you have to filter heavily.
Most of my programming problems 4channers have helped me. So some good, with some bad.

I'm having a hard time finding people in the field I'm interested in. Since I'm a student.
However I'm fully using my university resources. I'm milking that cow.

Thank you for your wishings of luck.
>>
>>55447161
>high-level probability
what is this even supposed to mean
>>
>>55447295
Expect the most unrealistic times for data analysis make sure you don't sell yourself short and make sure you know your shit if your interpreted data "prediction" is off for as much as 1% niggas gonna wip your ass.
Pay is usually decent if your good though and market analists depending on the area they work they might see % of the earnings received based on your data.
>>
>>55447473
Well I kind of misused the term a bit.
But advanced probability where you talk about probability fields and functionals. Think multi-variate statistics but with abstract functions and function fields.

>>55447491
Well this is the plight of the hard worker. Thank you for your insight.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.