[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought an Amazon Echo, along with 9 color Philips Hue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: echo.jpg (57 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
echo.jpg
57 KB, 1000x1000
I just bought an Amazon Echo, along with 9 color Philips Hue light bulbs. Got 6 more white light bulbs on the way.

This all got started because I bought 4 of those WeMo "insight" switches and loved the real-time power readings on my smartphone.

Tell me, /g/, did I fuck up? Or is the meme-ery that is home automation really as cool as I think it is?
>>
Are you enjoying it?
>>
No OP, you have submitted to the botnet. Enjoy having it listen in on your household conversations and upload them for the government to keep an eye on you and your family. You did very well.
>>
>>55445022
Enjoy the botnet
>>
If all you need is to control your home appliances using your voice, you're better off with an offline system.

https://github.com/pannous/tensorflow-speech-recognition

Since you're dealing with a limited vocabulary of words/commands, this combined with NLTK can give you very accurate results in realtime. A highend GPU like the Titan Z is required.
>>
Is it possible to do an MITM on this device to inspect the audio data sent to their servers? How difficult would it be to disable the certificate verification on it?
>>
>>55445022
>purposely buying a device that listens to your offline communications

What the fuck, using chrome is one thing, but this is some next level shit.
>>
>>55446208
It runs debian. Should be easy.
>>
>>55446299
>it runs debian

source?
>>
>>55445022
I have an Echo Dot - I live in the UK so it's basically a paperweight. Fuck me, right?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.