[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>copying from and to internal drive why does this happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (5 KB, 411x113) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5 KB, 411x113
>copying from and to internal drive

why does this happen?
>>
>>55433870
Windows problems. Explorer is doing something internally.
>>
>>55433885
>something
like what?
>>
>>55433870
What model?
Does it have TRIM?
That would happen if you are writing over preexisting files that were deleted.
>>
>>55434127
from SSD to HDD.
>Does it have TRIM?
yes
>>
>>55433870
Are you moving lots of small files? Windows Explorer is pretty shit about that. Always has been.
>>
Try Teracopy. It's always given me good results.

>>55433926
"telemetry"
>>
>>55433870
why wouldnt it?
copying to the same device you have to read and write with the same bandwidth, compared to if its another device
>>
>>55434209
>the same device
obviously, not what I meant.
>>
>>55433870

You went from transferring large files to tons of small ones.
>>
>>55434240
nope. all mp3's of around the same size.
>>
>>55433870
Did you set it to Wumbo?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.