[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coding/Programming bootcamps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hey /g/ ... I don't really know where to turn to on this subject so here I am. I've done my fair share of research on the topic, but I just wanted to get any of your guy's "real" opinions. Hopefully I'm on the right board.

I was reading stuff on reddit when I came across a review link, but the page has been deleted for some reason ( joselcontreras.com/about-coding-house/ ). It's even been disabled from archive.org... sketchy, right?

So... has anyone ever been to one? Or know of anyone that has "graduated" from one?

It's sounds so promising... 3 months of programming/coding bootcamp and you're "guaranteed" a ~$75k yearly job? Some schools even give you back your tuition if you don't land a job in 6 months. I know. Sounds too good to be true. Which is why I'm here. I know all about the "you can't learn to code in 3 months" (believe me, I've read many people angry over that fact, but I don't think these bootcamps are made to turn out software engineers, but more junior level programmers).

If you're new to this and have no idea what I'm talking about and this all sounds real good. It does sound real good... and it may be. But a lot of the "school's" have ridiculous acceptance rates (honestly, I don't even know who/what they look for in candidates/applicants). One of the bootcamps has an acceptance rate that's lower than Harvard.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Shitposts?

Thanks.
>>
File: 1461737108240.png (860 KB, 841x720) Image search: [Google]
1461737108240.png
860 KB, 841x720
>>55421825
>Coding bootcamps
>>
>>55421852
Ah, fuck it. I'm gonna ask anyway...

Care to elaborate?
>>
>>55421852
So it's all a scam?
>>
>>55421859
I've heard more horror stories about bootcamps than I have heard positive experiences. I'd steer clear unless there are tons of positive reviews on the place.
>>
>>55421878
Yeah, the thing is... everywhere I look there are tons of positive reviews... so I'm like... "uh...?" With like the occasional negative review.

So you think that if I do choose to attend one... one of the "bigger" and more "established" bootcamps would actually offer what they claim to?
>>
I mean, apparently, the market is huge and the demand for coders and programmers are very high... so I'm not surprised that something like this is a thing.
>>
Well I'm going to let you know almost no one here leaves their own basements, let alone converse with others that don't have their own high functioning autism.

For the brave souls that did make it out and are doing something with their lives probably aren't here. So unless you're into shitposts about graphics cards, anime, and frogs, you're probably better off not on 4chan.
>>
>>55421971
LOL
>>
I mean, I've hired people from GA. What it ultimately comes down to is your talent, enthusiasm and experience. Getting your foot in the door is probably the hardest part coming out of a bootcamp.
>>
I've never been to any bootcamp because I prefer my own rate of learning. Books and documentations are more than enough to make you capable of programming, or at least gives you enough programming knowledge to know where to go from there
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.