[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent -pirates-go-nuts-after-t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: download.png (181 B, 105x105) Image search: [Google]
download.png
181 B, 105x105
https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-pirates-go-nuts-after-tv-release-groups-dump-xvid-120303/

Are the TV release groups really so fucking slow that they waited until early 2012 to adopt the old-ass H.264/AVC codec? Also,

https://torrentfreak.com/pirates-frustrated-after-tv-release-groups-swap-mp4-for-mkv-160408/

Are they switching to MKV just now?

At this rate, they'll adopt HEVC in 2022 while everyone else uses AOMedia AV1 or whatever comes after it.
>>
>>55419979
the anime scene is a lot more advanced than the tv scene. the tv scene is aimed at normalfags that don't know shit about technology and just plug their USB flash drives into their TV/DVD/PS3/360, while in anime everyone goes "watch this on a computer or go fuck yourself" being the first ones to adopt shit like hi10p
>>
Anime is on the top of the codec game.
>>
>>55422112
>>55422119
That just tells us what kind of people watch anime.
>>
>>55422784
Those with gentoo ?
>>
>>55422804
Tbh yes senpai
>>
>>55422112
>hi10p
nice placebotech
>>
>>55422814
http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=144
>>
>>55422112
>>55422119
>implying I watch anime in mkv
>>
>>55422836
.rmvb ?
>>
>>55422831
no fucking difference, you people are as bad as audiophiles
>>
>>55422836
How? It's pretty much all released as mkv now.
>>
File: laughing-man.jpg (25 KB, 420x312) Image search: [Google]
laughing-man.jpg
25 KB, 420x312
>>55422858
not where I live.
>mfw some tv series are still released with xvid
>>
>>55419979
It's funny how I don't understand any of this gibberish. VLC plays anything I throw at it anyway.

But isn't there x265 that's the future now?
>>
HVEC MASTERRACE
>>
Nobody gives a shit.

Article is written by a macfag that is pissed off that his shit doesn't support mkv.
>>
>>55419979
these groups often act after different scene rules which also control the codec, not that they must but they do (if they dont care their release get nuked)

also the purpose of whole codec, resolution release rules were original so that you can watch it on dvd players (which only played xvid not h264 and therefore burn it on cd's, hence the 700mb splitting etc)
>>
>>55419979
What the fuck are these articles on about? H264 MKV has been standard for anything other than DVD rips for years.

And release groups need to hurry the fuck up and adopt 10bit. It works out the box in basically any media player that matters and has done for a long time now. There's really no excuse.
>>
The stuff i've been DLing for years has been 720p H.264 in mkv container, sometimes even with subtitles.
>>
>>55419979
God. What? Noooooooo.
This means I will get family members pestering me all the fucking time now to make their shit to play. I hope these fuckers take the time to educate the normies.
>>
>>55424455
>>This means I will get family members pestering me all the fucking time now to make their shit to play.

It's literally a case of
>install mpc/vlc/whatever
>play video
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.