[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, after adding a second 2gb ddr3 1033 ram to this ancient PC,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Internals[1].jpg (137 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
Internals[1].jpg
137 KB, 800x598
So, after adding a second 2gb ddr3 1033 ram to this ancient PC, it stopped booting unless I remove the graphics card and use the integrated graphics.
The PSU is 400w so I was wondering if this is what happens when the motherboard isn't supplied with enough power.
>>
A ddr2 stick uses less than 5 watts, so that's highly unlikely
>>
A RAM stick is like 2W.
Make sure it's seated and the 6-pin is plugged in.

>USB 3.0
That shit ain't old.
>>
>>55419701
>>55419725
Literally worked before the ram change. I changed the ram and it doesn't work anymore.
Installing a graphics card isn't in any way difficult or complicated, so it's not that.
>>
You should probably plug in the 6pin retard
>>
That PSU clearly says 450w.
>>
>>55419772
Doesn't have a 6 pin socket, mentally challenged person.
>>55419788
That's a pic I got off the botnet
>>
>>55419953

Three times two pins make six. Are you retarded?
>>
Put the first stick in the second slot, if it doesn't boot, the slot is fucked. If it does boot, put the second stick in the first slot, if it doesn't boot, the stick if fucked. If it does boot, take the CPU out and check for bent pins.
>>
>>55419650
those fans you have in that case are the shit, I have some pulled out of an old dell, fucker can go up to 4500rpm
>>
>>55420336
>4500rpm
thats how fast ur mother spins on muh dik.
>>
>>55419650
Try plugging the GPU auxiliary power back in dumbass, most modern GPUs that have one will not start if its not plugged in.
>>
>>55419650
Dude, is that GPU an EVGA 460 without the cover? I swear it looks just like mine.
>>
>>55419767
bad ram or not seated properly
>>
might as well add to this, i've been having a similar problem with an 8800GTS i bough because it was dirt cheap, every time i try to boot it up i get this long high pitched beeping POST, anyone know what's up? i'm probably missing something retarded like the GPU not being able to work without an external PSU, but what the hell.
>>
>>55419953
>That's a pic I got off the botnet

>not posting OC
is it stolen, jamal?
>>
>>55419650
The sleeve of your woolen shirt probably zapped the thing with static electricity and killed it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.