[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to start a CS degree and I've never written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Businessman-Walking-Off-Cliff.jpg (808 KB, 2828x1620) Image search: [Google]
Businessman-Walking-Off-Cliff.jpg
808 KB, 2828x1620
I'm about to start a CS degree and I've never written a single line of code in my life or know jack shit about computers. How fucked am I?
>>
>>55413396
If you're a white male, completely fucked
>>
>>55413417
shit
>>
>>55413442
Don't worry, it's not to late.

Start tanning and using fake tans.

Grow your hair out and tease it.

Start hormone replacement therapy.
>>
you'll be fine as long as you actually study. if you want to get a head start in the 2 months before class, you could start becoming familiar with discrete math if you aren't already

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-042j-mathematics-for-computer-science-fall-2010/readings/MIT6_042JF10_notes.pdf
>>
>>55413396
You will be alright as long as you have the mind to do math.
>>
You'll be fine. I was in the same position and got through first year doing very little work (not recommended). I'm probably fucked for second year though, unless I actually start studying
>>
>>55413525
Thanks man. I'll definitely look at this.

>>55413557
My math is okay. I got good grades in high school without really putting in any effort. I didn't do honours or anything though.

>>55413564
I guess I'll just have to stop being a lazy motherfucker and actually start putting some effort in then.
>>
>>55413701
>>55413396
>How fuck am i?

This depends on a few things:

1) Are you under the age of 30?
2) Do you have a genuine interest in learning it?

If the answer is yes to both you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1467348564139.png (246 KB, 366x398) Image search: [Google]
1467348564139.png
246 KB, 366x398
>>55413564
Mfw same situation as you
>>
if you study you will do alright iwas in the same situation as you and im doing alright

just study
>>
>>55413396
They'll ease you into it. You'll be taking lib arts and math classes for at least a year. Then much more math.
>>
>>55413396
I've met CS grads who couldn't code and knew jack shit about computers, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
>>55413396
What uni?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.