[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Google will give you a test if you search for "the r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (103 KB, 791x726) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
103 KB, 791x726
So Google will give you a test if you search for "the right things". It is a test in programming and similar areas and can land you a job if you pass. The tests take place at http://google.com/foobar

Anybody ever get anywhere with this? My buddy got the test once but failed it.

This fascinates me and I'd like to learn more from you guys, if anybody knows anything about it.
>>
>>55410376
I got into it once. I only did one of the problems then stopped because Google would hire me in a heartbeat if I wanted to work there.
>>
>>55410396
What was the problem? What do they ask?
>>
File: diversity.png (898 KB, 1423x2913) Image search: [Google]
diversity.png
898 KB, 1423x2913
>>55410376
>Wanting to work at Google
They're a glorified advertisement company.

Also, you probably have a better chance if you're a woman, black, or both.
>>
>>55410376
I remember some blogger writing about his experience with it. He passed the tests, but didn't end up getting the job. Can't remember if he made past the phone screens or not.
>>
>>55410420
It was just a dumb puzzle, mostly math
>>
>>55410433
What I've read is they ask for coding snippets. The one person said he was given the choice between using python and java.

Are you reusing me?
>>
>>55410445
I did mine in python. I still have the solution code here

from math import log

def toList(num):
return toList(num // 3) + [["L"], ["-"], ["R"]][num % 3] if num else []

def solution(n):
return toList(n + sum(3**x for x in range(1 + int(log(n*2, 3)))))
>>
>>55410428
they pay you fuck tons of money through.

they have literally made femminists rich just for having a vagina.
>>
>>55410376
I did this. Got a phone interview coming up at the end of the month.
>>
I just got hired. They offered me $120k. Thanks OP.
>>
>>55410376
Sounds like the very beginning of that Ex Machina movie.
>>
>>55411510
Nah.
Caleb got selected because he had no family to speak of and was more likely to form a personal connection with Ava as a result of it.
>>
>>55411333
Well I'm brown-skinned and am currently undergoing gender realignment. I'll ask them politely to fire you so that $120k is mine. I can't code though, so I'll probably just get some white guy to do it for me.
>>
>>55410376
I've done it. Currently interning there.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.