[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did Thinkpad quality become worse? I looked through new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
When did Thinkpad quality become worse? I looked through new Thinkpad models and they don't seem to be durable.
>>
they've always been shit
>>
>>55405113
>When did Thinkpad quality become worse?
When IBM sold it, really. The first Lenovo Thinkpads were still okay, but not as great as the IBM ones. Then it very gradually went down hill.
>>
So whats the new thinkpad?

EliteBooks?
>>
>>55405140
>The first Lenovo Thinkpads were still okay, but not as great as the IBM ones.
The 40 series were probably some of the most durable of the lot, maybe the 30s and 20s could get up there but I don't really see them surpassing it.
>>
>>55405113
If we're talking exclusively about durability, they're not any worse.

ignore the stupid Lenovo memes, Thinkpads are STILL MILSPEC.
>>
>>55405113
The newer T series are good, but the matte screen gets little dinks in it easily, creating an illusion of dead pixels.
The keyboards on the latest T series and X1 are amazing, so much so that I'm thinking of buying one of their USB keyboard (the ones with integrated trackpoint) for a dock setup.
>>
>>55405140
No IBM thinkpad ever had a rollcage

>>55405146
Bullshit, if you picked up a T42 in the wrong place you cracked the GPU
>>
>>55405113
Whenever they switched to 16:9 was about the end of it
its been in freefall ever since
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/now-three-pre-installed-malwares-lenovo-laptops/
>>
>>55405145
I honestly don't know, since I never had a ThinkPad. I do have several EliteBooks though and I'm quite happy with them.
>>
>>55405145
Ain't one.
>>
>>55406033
I don't get the point of 16:9 in a laptop, i would rather have the extra vertical space to work with unless it is a ultra light like a Sony Vaio P or something.
>>
>>55405113
They really dived in quality after the x20 series. Some will say anything post-IBM is trash, but such people are unrealistic. No one is going to use a decade old laptop.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.