[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 3855_big.jpg (301 KB, 1000x692) Image search: [Google]
3855_big.jpg
301 KB, 1000x692
Hi, can someone tell what is the big gigabytes block on my MB since it's heating up and making my pc crash ty
>>
You should remove it, it's dangerous and only cosmetic, also is this low level bait?
>>
>>55399627
>doesn't know what a northbridge is

>it's heating up and making my pc crash
and you know that's the cause because? you have a degree in "heat induced failure" or something?

also >>>/wsr/

>u got me
>>
well every time it got up at 110+ it's insta crash i don't what's a nothbride sorry. I can see the temp on speedfan it's the only hot part on the computer so i supose it's this thing crashing
>>
>>55400049
I hope this is bait.

>>55399627
Reseat the cooler, reapply thermal paste. Are you sure its the cooler?
>>
I have a fan on my cpu but idk how to cool off this thing. Every time i lauch a game or twitch the temp start uping and when it's reaching 110+ crash sorry for bad english
>>
i was thinking about paste but i didn't know what was this thing but i guess now i know it's the northbride what do u mean by reset the cooler ?
>>
>>55400132
Afaik there are no temperature sensors on the northbridge or southbridge.
>>
http://imgur.com/Q31nc2u
It's temp3. when i laucnh a game or twitch streamig the temp heating up with speed and then crash and thought i was this gygabyte since when i touch its verry hot
>>
>>55399627
Let me tell you about an industry secret, buddy.

Companies sell "consumer" boards and "server" boards. Server boards are more powerful and have more GB's, but are twice the price of the consumer boards.

If you take that block off the middle, it will turn into a really good server board, and your speeds will quadruple.

The companies don't want you to know this because they are making a lot off money from stupid managers
>>
>Gigabyte

temp3 is generally unused.
>>
C'est le pont au nord de la carte mère. Il est sans doute pas la question mais que la plupart des problèmes de chauffage sont dans le refroidisseur , attaché le socket du CPU .
>>
File: chili peppers.jpg (55 KB, 379x474) Image search: [Google]
chili peppers.jpg
55 KB, 379x474
>>55400132
>110+
>>55400212
>french
so you think you can touch a 110ºc part without burning a finger or creating a blister? noice!
touch the northbridge again and the black "thingies" in pic related and compare the temps of them both, then rethink what temp3 really is and if you want to buy another gigabyte motherboard again
>>
>>55400327
Vous devez appliquer la pâte thermique sur le processeur lui-même. Vous pouvez obtenir à la surface supérieure de la CPU en retirant le refroidisseur . Ensuite, vous devez étaler la pâte avec un petit couteau . Pas trop forte , cependant.
>>
>>55400327
que suggères de faire donc ? merci pour la réponse
>>
>>55400359
J'ai déja changer la pate termique de procésseur il y a 6mois~ dois je changer celle du pont nord ?
>>
>>55400237

Underrated post
>>
>>55400402
>in b4 the northbridge took some time to get off
>>
>>55400353
I touch the top of the radiotor so of course it's not that hot but u can tell it's hot when i touch the radiator of the cpu it's almost cold ..i'm not that retarded .. and i didn't try to touch those litle chips
>>
And idk what is temp3 i was making a sugestion since when temp3 is too high it's crashing..
>>
>>55400429
>i'm not that retarded .. and i didn't try to touch those litle chips
you dont know what 110c is, touch those black thingies and compare the temp with the northbridge one, you might learn something
>unless you do so this is my last post in the thread, for all i care you can do what the remaining anons are saying, even the frenchie one
>>
at least i learn what a northbride is thx u all anyway
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.