[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of creating my first ever mini-ITX build. Have I goofed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: itx.png (81 KB, 551x540) Image search: [Google]
itx.png
81 KB, 551x540
Thinking of creating my first ever mini-ITX build.

Have I goofed anywhere? I'll be looking for deals on these parts elsewhere, so these aren't the prices I'll be paying. Any suggestions?
>>
>$120 for $2 of steel

Kek lianlifags are idiots
>>
>buying a k CPU with a non z170 motherboard
>>
>>55396928

I wouldn't pay $120 for it. That was just the price listed on Newegg. I'd look for deals before buying.
>>
I don't think you need a 750w power supply, 500w is more than enough for a gtx 1070.
>>
>>55396897
You have no storage options. I would go for an M.2 form factor SSD.

Also see >>55396979
>>
Oh god OP, don't! Unless you NEED a smaller case, do not build an ITX build. You're guaranteed to not only want to kill yourself whilst building, but have much higher CPU temps. Although, obviously it's dependent on the size of the case, just use Micro ATX.
>>
>>55396897
>what is z97...

Fucking shit man.... Go on Craigslist or ebay.....

Got a z97 board for 100 and a 4790k brand new never opened for 200
>>
>>55397105
Also you've pretty much limited your 6700k to a very minimal overclocking potential. I'd recommend using an AIO watercooler
>>
If you upgrade to a z170 motherboard so you can over clock your CPU, get faster ram as well.
>>
>>55397169

Thanks. Will do.

>>55397057

Forgot to mention. Already have a 1TB, 256GB, and 128GB SSDs so storage is already taken care of.

>>55397105

I'm space limited. Want to make more room for my audio gear and an ITX would allow me to fit it in a certain spot that would clear a lot of space up.
>>
>>55397326
>I'm space limited. Want to make more room for my audio gear and an ITX would allow me to fit it in a certain spot that would clear a lot of space up.

In that case, yeah I'd go for it. I recently build an ITX PC because I'm moving to my University town in a few months (Ireland > England) so I needed a portable case that would take little space in my dorm room.
>>
File: speccyt.png (85 KB, 799x575) Image search: [Google]
speccyt.png
85 KB, 799x575
>>55397326
Just whatever you do, don't place a 250W GPU into one.

I mean it works fine, just is at a constant 85% fan speed while gaming.
>>
File: BST42416.jpg (1 MB, 3140x1440) Image search: [Google]
BST42416.jpg
1 MB, 3140x1440
So here's my space. I want to put the PC under the bench to the side of my desk. That would allow me to put my speakers on stands and get them off the desk.
>>
>>55397552
Love the furniture. I want.
>>
>>55397552
>Dat typewriter

Do you actually use it or is it just a decoration?
>>
>>55396897
That case is a fucking oven. The GPU has no way of getting fresh air. Get a Node 304 and a slim tower cooler.
>>
>>55397682

Anything similar that looks more like the Lian Li? I like that aesthetic much more than the Fractal.
>>
>>55397682
What about the node 202? It has pretty positive reviews and it is really slim so it'll probably work well for him.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.