[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I install my drivers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1421049437315.png (110 KB, 241x270) Image search: [Google]
1421049437315.png
110 KB, 241x270
Maybe I'm a fucking idiot. But here's the deal: I dont't have a disc drive on my newly built computer, so I used an old computer to get the drivers that came with the morherboard onto an usb stick.

But now I'm stuck. I installed windows 7 from a usb no problem, but I cannot get the fucking usb to appear on windows, which makes my computer a fucking vegetable

How the hell do I make my usb ports able to read the data on the usb? I cannot boot from it because it is just exe files and shit. I have my usb shoved into an usb 2 port and it gets recognized in the bios. What to do?
>>
>>55389783
use a linux livecd such as systemrescuecd to boot from usb and copy the drivers to your windows drive
>>
>>55389805
Okay. But won't making the usb bootable will make me unable to put the drivers on there?
>>
>>55389870
no you can make a bootable usb in fat32, simply
add a folder on the usb with the drivers. use rufus to make the bootable usb (pic related)
>>
Strange how USB 2.0 doesn't work. Try both front and back ports. If not maybe you could burn it to the Cd. Or unplug hdd and transfer the USB contents using another computers os as a medium.
>>
>>55389870
What are you smoking
>>
>>55390215
Chlamydia
>>
>>55389914
Thanks a lot man. I managed to get the drivers onto my main drive. Finally.

One would think setting up computers without optical drives would be easier nowadays.
>>
>>55390697
glad to hear that you got it working
>>
File: 1452698568226.jpg (119 KB, 621x800) Image search: [Google]
1452698568226.jpg
119 KB, 621x800
>>55390215
>>
>>55390215
stinky walleye
>>
>>55389783
you install windows 10
>>
>>55389783
If you have access to Internet just download the drivers from the mobo's manufacturer website.
>>
>>55389783
This is further evidence that building a PC without an optical drive is a meme.
>>
>>55392072
I built mine without optical. Patched in the usb3 drivers into the ISO, put in usb, installed Windows 7, connected Ethernet, upgraded to 10, then updated all my drivers. Took like 30 minutes.
>>
>>55392072
Eh, I had an old one lying around somewhere. But I couldn't be arsed to dind it and the cord. Plus it would've been a bitch to fit
>>
Get an external CD drive, or check to see if the BIOS has USB options.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.