[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have one attempt to explain to me why buying a Roku or any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: BuildAnHTCPYouFuckingFaggot.jpg (59 KB, 1500x875) Image search: [Google]
BuildAnHTCPYouFuckingFaggot.jpg
59 KB, 1500x875
You have one attempt to explain to me why buying a Roku or any similar device isn't fucking stupid.

Go.
>>
>>55384784
/comfy/ness of mobile on the big screen
>>
If you have a plex server it's the greatest thing in the world. If you have netflix it's okay. If you don't have either it's useless.
>>
Roku has absolute shit UI please consider another option like a WD box or Apple TV simply because the UI isnt ass
>>
id buy one just to watch some TV on sling or ps vue
>>
Becuase I got sick and tired of the slew of advertisements and other garbage that you get on cable.
>>
I'll make this easy.
>>55384796
>>55384847
>>55385046
>>55385069
>>55385098
Chromecast or an HTPC.
>>
>>55385166
A Roku is a good in between device.
>>
wait you people do not already use a full on PC as a tv box? the fuck people.
>>
Roku is nigger garbage get a Chromecast.
>>
I have Nexus Player. Got it for $25. Plays everything I want. Piracy mostly.

OP is poor and dumb.
>>
>>55385354
You dont need a full on PC to make your TV amazing at media playback. Any Android box will do.
>>
File: 1466365674013.jpg (568 KB, 2048x1372) Image search: [Google]
1466365674013.jpg
568 KB, 2048x1372
>>55384784
I have a Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Box and Roku. The Roku is the best because you can get everything on it. I can only find 70% of the Roku apps on the Amazon Fire TV and about 20% on the Smart Tv.
>>
android TV is better.

Nexus player if you're poor, nvidia shield tv is the best on the market if you don't mind giving the jews your shekels.
>>
>>55384784
dedicated kodi box for around forty/fifty bux
>>
>>55384784
I own a Samsung "Smart" TV, an unopened Roku, and an Apple TV. I got a Chromecast this past Christmas and I haven't looked back.
>>
>>55384784
Got one for my mother in law, it serves it's purpose for her
>>55385946
Seems like you wasted some money
>>
>>55385991
No, they were all gifts.
>>
>>55385946
If my TV supported turning on via Chromecast I would probably never use the remote T.T

Fucking Seiki piece of shit.
>>
>>55384784
It's a cable cutter device for Normie's and 40 year olds hooking up a Roku antenna with aftermarket DVR for my parents soon so they can stop paying 300 dollars a month for cumcast
>>
Wait for Roku 5 since the 4 is shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.