[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>writing a long post >accidentally press F5 >page reloads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: safari-reload-full.png (116 KB, 939x595) Image search: [Google]
safari-reload-full.png
116 KB, 939x595
>writing a long post
>accidentally press F5
>page reloads and your post is GONE
>no warning message, no prompt, no nothing
>you go through all the five stages of grief within the timespan of five minutes

When Safari was on Windows, I remember that if you had entered data into a text field and you tried to reload, it would warn you and prompt you whether you wanted to discard said data.

Why can't other browsers do the same thing? I've now resorted to writing long posts in a text editor to avoid this incident and the accompanying roller coaster of negative emotions from ever happening again.
>>
>I've now resorted to not being a complete fucktard when writing long posts so I don't accidentally press wrong keys like a toddler with a toy avoiding the embarassment of needing to post this on my personal blog on the internet
Subscribed!
>>
>>55384570
>>accidentally press F5
How do you do that? It's not anywhere near anything that would be remotely useful during the writing on a post.
>>
>>55384605
Don't forget to add the RSS feed to your reader app. :^)
>>
>>55384570
>accidentally press F5
how in the flying fuck do you accidentally press F5?

i
what
>>
Stop being so clumsy.

It was probably shitposting anyway, so good riddance.
>>
>>55384570
>accidentally press F5
The fuck are you doing?
>>
>>55384627
>>55384640
>>55384665
OP probably wasn't drinking responsibly.
>>
Sometimes I do this but instead of F5 it's because my mouse has forward and back buttons on the side. If I'm sitting in an abnormal position I can accidentally hit the button pretty easily. You can also accidentally click out of the text box and hit backspace and it will go back too.
>>
>>55384627
>>55384640
>>55384665
A more likely scenario than OP's is that if you hit the backspace button and forget to have any text areas focused, the browser will go back to the previous page and you will lose all unsaved data, and it won't come back if you return to the page.
>>
>>55384765
>and it won't come back if you return to the page.
That often depends on the input area.
If the input area is dynamically created, through Javascript, then usually no. If it is a fixed form then usually yes.
>>
>>55384857
It definitely doesn't come back on 4chan, sad to say. There's no way to disable [backspace = back one page] in Chromium-based browsers, and it's making me increasingly dissatisfied.
>>
>>55384905
> There's no way to disable [backspace = back one page] in Chromium-based browsers, and it's making me increasingly dissatisfied
You know it will be removed soon, right? I.e. you won't be able to go "back" with backspace anymore in chrome/chromium.
https://codereview.chromium.org/1854963002/#ps40001

Also, my text doesn't disappear after page refresh on firefox and it's been like that since forever, it's only chrome related.
>>
https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/
>>
>>55384989
Thank goodness. I'm glad they're finally addressing this problem.
>>
> Not summarizing your posts into three lines or less of ironic shitposting
>>
>F5
you mean esc
fuck quick reply
>>
>>55385031
I would like to see something like Alt+Arrows or maybe something less likely to conflict with other keybindings become the norm.
>>
>>55385074
>using native QR

4chan X's quick reply doesn't do this.

https://www.4chan-x.net/

https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x
>>
>>55384570
>>accidentally press F5
How the fuck
Are your fingers that fucking fat
>>
>>55384570
Firefox has/had Lazarus Form Recovery for this.
>>
>>55384570
kys
>>
>>55384570
if you weren't using a snowflake browser, it'd be saved, just press forward.

oh but botnets amirite
>>
>>55386400
>kiss your sister

Okay. :)
>>
>>55386475
In the lips, retard
>>
File: 1415054670200.png (2 MB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
1415054670200.png
2 MB, 650x975
>>55386594
>in
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.