[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there practical reasons not to use windows 10 in a corporate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Are there practical reasons not to use windows 10 in a corporate environment? It seems like it's a huge apology to corporate IT departments from Microsoft, I can't find any reason not to roll it out.

Especially since a good chunk of my users are using windows 8 and whining about it.

Any reason why I should delay the rollout at this point?
>>
And yet you haven't listed a single reason why you SHOULD. And complaints from users doesn't count since they'll cry and whine about literally anything.
>>
>>55382430
Well, the biggest reason why I should is the software we use has requires a specialized plugin on all versions of windows other than 10. Once we don't need to use that plugin it should cut down on calls to the IT department by at least 60%.
>>
>>55382430
Also, we have a "special relationship" with microsoft (they're a major shareholder in our company) so we have the benefit of being able to direct all Windows related calls directly to Microsoft along with other benefits (they send in AD guys for free etc...) in exchange for them getting free licensing to all our shitty GUI dependent backup software.
>>
roll it out roll it out
>>
>>55382482
>Once we don't need to use that plugin it should cut down on calls to the IT department by at least 60%.

Why would you want to do that? 60% of you will be laid off.
>>
>>55382941
No, it just means we'll be able to accomplish more of what we're actually suppose to do instead of getting sidetracked by something dev is suppose to handle
>>
>>55382395
Because RHEL exists
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.