[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent there pen/button spy cameras with capture quality that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1440319254890.jpg (36 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1440319254890.jpg
36 KB, 720x960
Why arent there pen/button spy cameras with capture quality that is comparable to what modern smartphones delivers?

Is it possible to hack a smartphones camera into a pen camera? I don't know anything about how these things work but I am willing to learn. Or would I have to stick with 640*480 chinese cameras?

Pic unrelated
>>
Just let her go man. Used to be in the same shoes as you and it's just not worth it in the end.
>>
>>55376721
Story?
>>
>>55376596
Of course it's possible but I'm sure as fuck not going to teach some creepy ass neckbeard like you.

Hint: the camera assembly isn't the only component that makes a smartphone camera good nor will it work without quite a bit of other stuff, it just happens to be the smallest part.
>>
>>55377116
why are you replying then? liar
>>
>>55376596
>Why arent there pen/button spy cameras with capture quality that is comparable to what modern smartphones delivers?
Because smartphones use the integrated GPU on the SoC to encode the video, amongst other things. At that point you need a relatively hefty battery and some RAM and a few other bits and pieces. If you really, really want to put all that in a pen then off you go, good luck trying to get it all in the limited space available.
>I don't know anything about how these things work
That much is painfully obvious.
>but I am willing to learn
If that were the case then you would have Google docs the basics.
>>
>>55377296
>Google docs
*googled
Stupid fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>55376596
Check amazon theres plenty of hd spy pens
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.