[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think about Porteus OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160701_215600.jpg (132 KB, 667x685) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_215600.jpg
132 KB, 667x685
I'm using poreus few month now and i have to say i like it.
I wanted an lightweight, easy to set up, customizable distro without using the comandline much (I know i am a wangblows gui cripple).

It has a nice web gui to customize you iso. You can choose de, pw's, language, driver, browser...

-flash out of the box
-preview in the filepicker
-a package manager that tries (lol) to resolve dependencies over all slackware repos
-200mb because its a "portable" distro

Yes i know i shamelessly shilling it and no i'm not the dev. I only want to talk about i with people who know more about slackware.
>>
No reply's. I see i was too polite. Lets try again

Listen vir/g/ins! you think you know something about Linux? fuck you you know nothing. tell me why do you use your bloated shitware. Porteus is far superior to every other distro. Look it up 200mb

Tell me whats the rest of your 1500mb distro.
>>
>>55362608
>-flash out of the box
And it goes back into the box, which goes into the trash.
>>
>>55364276
yeah OP, pretty much this.
I'm a recent windows convert and even I know that's shit
>>
File: screen3.png (65 KB, 962x187) Image search: [Google]
screen3.png
65 KB, 962x187
>>55364276
You can just disable it by disabling/deleting the file in the modules folder
>>
Can anybody answer my question please. How can they accomplish such a small size?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.