[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New netbook for my mom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: csm_MG_6581_06260e6974.jpg (341 KB, 1622x1080) Image search: [Google]
csm_MG_6581_06260e6974.jpg
341 KB, 1622x1080
Hi there,

my mom is looking for a netbook. The problem is that she is technically inexperienced and only looks at the price and it should not cost more than EUR 200.

She only uses her current Netbook (Compaq Mini CQ10-800) for eBay, Zalando and Candy Crush Saga. She does not require UMTS (IEEE 802.11b/g/n would be enough)

Would the Ideapad 100s for EUR 179 be okay for her? It has only 32G flash memory, only USB2.0, 2G RAM and the Atom Z3735F.

What do you think?
>>
And yes, the battery and the hdd fan of her old Compaq are broken.
>>
>>55362504
Get a ThinkPad x220, scrub it down and tell her it's new
>>
anything will do faggot
why is she even getting a new laptop anyway?
>>
>>55363021
battery and hdd are broken and I cannot convince her to buy a used one or a good one which costs more than EUR 200
>>
>>55362504
Netbooks are basically dead. No one wanted them so most companies discontinued them.
>>
>>55362504
get her an hp stream
>>
Buy her an x200, flash libreboot and guve het debian and GNOME 3.
>>
There`s literally nothing new for that price. I`d go for used T420 / T410 and if portability is a thing go for x220 / x201. Thinkpads won`t shit themselves so easily.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.