[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Phone 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wp7.8-announcement.jpg (360 KB, 2067x1185) Image search: [Google]
wp7.8-announcement.jpg
360 KB, 2067x1185
Remember WP7? Now that had good UX. WP8 was a step backwards and W10M even more so.
>>
Oh yes.
>>
So, is Windows 10 on phones/tablets more or less on death row?
>>
bump4wp7
>>
>>55361198
The Pivot and Panorama controls are the best phone UI/UX ever made. Shame it didn't catch on.
>>
File: zune.jpg (574 KB, 2320x1209) Image search: [Google]
zune.jpg
574 KB, 2320x1209
i miss my zune
why did i sell it
>>
Imagine if MS released the old CE-derived WP7 codebase as open source.
>>
>>55363303

>tfw I worked on that UI

I don't know why they went with the whole square shit after I left New England Research and Development
>>
>>55363397
>>tfw I worked on that UI
Fuck you retards for not even providing basic fucking features like sort by folder structure. Couldn't return that pile of shit fast enough.
>>
>>55361289
Yes.

To be honest I have no idea what Microsoft can do beyond buying other companies. Being Microsoft CEO must be hard as fuck, there's just no where to go.
>>
>>55363397
> tfw I worked on that UI

damn, why is the newer versions so much worse and unimaginative compared to the first ones?

the zune HD/ W7 UIs were god tier.
>>
>>55363397
did you know about any prototypes that didn't leak? Metro UI was gorgeous and the Courier sounded really cool.
>>
>>55361198
I always felt like Windows Phone 7 was the make it or break it moment for Microsoft and smartphones. If only they had kept it up. At least the Surface Phone's coming next year.
>>
>>55363487
Azure and Office are bigger than ever and not going anywhere in the near future. Windows licensing for companies is recovering according to neowin thanks to W10. It's only phones and consoles that are bleeding money right now. I think he is comfy.
>>
>>55363584

There were always prototype devices at the Microsoft N.E.R.D. but nothing that was close to release or anything. There was a "zune phone" but that just became WP7 with tiles after I left for greener pastures.

As far as UI we just worked with the original Metro spec before we got sued as you saw on all Zune devices.

Zune HD was make or break but it did like shit so that was the end.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.