[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/ I wanna buy meme cables but i'm unsure if I shoudl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: cablemod.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cablemod.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
Sup /g/

I wanna buy meme cables but i'm unsure if I shoudl go for a full set or an extension set. I'm using a Seagate power supply btw.

I have heard somewhere that extension cables can be bad because the PSU couldn't give enough power but i'm unsure if this is a hoax or if there is some kind of truth in it. However the full replacement cable kits are like twice as expensive. But with extension cables you got like half a meter of useless cables that you need to manage in the back. And extensions can be used with a different PSU but the replacements need to be used for the same brand PSU.

So yeah, which meme cables should I get? Complete replacement kit or the extensions? Which one do you use?
>>
I saw that shit on Hardware Cucks
>Paying $90 for a bunch of cables
I bet the red cables make your pc run blazing fast
>>
Depends on the case to be honest. If you have a ton of room in the back of your case to hide your cables, then the extensions are much cheaper solution than a full set.

However, if you have a tempered glass case panel even on the back where your cabling will be exposed, or if you have no room for cable management for excess wires, then you'll have to get a full set as well.
>>
>>55351411
you either want nice guts or you dont, its a matter of taste
>>
>>55351414
I use a mastercase 5 so I do have some cable management room however i feel it might look ugly if you see the stock black cables going into the PSU but only the colored sleeved cables going into your hardware. It might look silly. And i heard that using extension cables can fuck up a steady juice flow to your parts which can result in crashes of your system
>>
bump

anyoen with meme cable experience here?
>>
>>55351424
Im sure black cables look just fine. $90 for copper and rubber sounds retarded
>>
>>55351549
>stop likign what I dont like!!

lets not talk about rather who thinks custom sleeved cables are worth it or not but lets talk about the cables technical shit like i asked

thanks
>>
>>55351370
If your PSU is hidden under a shroud that some cases have then you can probably just get extensions and be fine If the PSU is visible then you'll want a full set.
>>
>>55351670
ok and what about extension cables being bad in any way? is that true?
>>
>>55351584

nah, we're not here to indulge your bad decision making
>>
>>55352061
we are here to discuss something
>>
File: 4L_uphkoh3y.jpg (680 KB, 1024x604) Image search: [Google]
4L_uphkoh3y.jpg
680 KB, 1024x604
>>55351424
>it's a matter of taste
Yes, spending ridiculous amounts of money on something useless is very tasteful
>>
>>55353219
shut the fuck up retard
>>
>>55351511
Get extension cables from Aliexpress or something. I just spent 70eu at cablemod for a custom colored atx24 cable and a dual 6+2 pin cable. Had to customize because their default sets don't support my psu. An extension kit would've saved me 40-50 eurodideridoodles.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.