[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many hams are here? What level are you? What got you into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ham bands.png (113 KB, 921x705) Image search: [Google]
ham bands.png
113 KB, 921x705
How many hams are here? What level are you? What got you into it?

I'm a tech an working on my gen about 6month and got into it for a few reasons..something to play with and some volunteer work. getting a strong understanding if/during a shft.
>>
>>55350135
I'm a tech, but have barely touched it and really just did it for my dad.

I barely know how to work a radio and just scraped by on the test.
>>
I've love to get into it for using some frequencies legally for meshnet. Unfortunately no one in my area seems to have any interest in playing with that idea and the local chatter is worse than YouTube comments.
>>
>>55350217
like youtube comments but from old fat guys.
>>
>>55350217
yea I have heard some shitty chatter but I like to pop on 2meter and 70cm for skywarn during weather events. I want to build a better tower so I can play around with the space radio beacons and pick up space sounds and other random shit lol. Right now I'm just running a HT radio so i'm pretty limited in what I can do.
>>
>>55350170
I'm the same way, got into it but haven't done anything since.

I picked up a sdr stick and have used to to monitor the local chatter a little bit. I want to start downloading weather satellite pictures with it, but I need to get a good antenna setup.
>>
>buy rtl-sdr
>Build planar antenna out of two pizza pans and a coax cable
>Connect f plug to mcx connector on USB dongle
>Download sdr#
>Awesome beautiful signals on 70cm and around 245 MHz
>Switch between FM, am, nfm, and others
>Only hear advanced static
>Wtf do i do now

I know there aresights that let you listen to signal samples to identify signals and digital transmissions. But do people really listen to them and just guess until some text or digital audio is pulled out?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.