[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada Post work stoppage on July 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (153 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
153 KB, 620x348
http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/canada-post-union-far-apart-as-deadline-looms-1.2968049

The management and the union still haven't reached an agreement with with the deadline of July 2, at which point the current agreement expires.

What do you have coming in the mail, anons?
>>
nothing but even if I did it would arrive because my country isn't run by a huge cuck like trudeau
>>
but then how will you get your free weed?
>>
>>55346498
Pro tip: It was Stephen Harper who suspended previous Liberal government's plan to eventually privatize Canada Post.
>>
Nothing prices are so high in Canada right now you literally can't buy anything
>>
File: koala.gif (87 KB, 123x136) Image search: [Google]
koala.gif
87 KB, 123x136
>>55347464

thanks for the reminder
>>
tights i crossdress
>>
>>55346487
A power supply. But it's coming through purolator so it'll come soon. But canada day is tomorrow so it wont arrive till monday since it's already at the sort facility not far from my house.
>>
File: 1461202965789.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461202965789.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>55347490
>>55347464
>check Canada Computers for 480x stock
>they have them from 3 different vendors
>$350, $350, $360
>>
>>55347490
The fuck. Mods?
Posting animal abuse is against the rules.
>>
>>55347612
Not in Canada
>>
>>55347612
>a puppet is an animal

fuck off PETA
>>
>>55347612
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bestiality-supreme-court-canada-1.3624312
>>
>>55347556

>Build a new computer
>Everything except RAM and GPU have shipped and showed up
>RAM and GPU are shipping from the other side of the god damn country through Purolater
>Have had tracking info since last thursday
>It shows they finally shipped early tuesday morning
>Have not had a single update since then, assuming its in a truck in a ditch somewhere

My fucking stuff has been lost by Purolater, I know it. Meanwhile I ordered something from Amazon and it was shipped from the same place and made it here in 2 days because they flew the fucker over like they should have done for my other stuff.
>>
>>55348138

More likely a lazy worker not updating Purolator tracker.

Ralax your stuff is ok
>>
>>55348138
Purolator is 95% owned by Canada Post.
>>
>>55346487
>a fuck load of car parts
>text books
>30 ophthalmoscopes

Fuck everything
>>
>>55346487
Fuck this gay country holy shit
>>
>>55348613
>>a fuck load of car parts
>>text books
>>30 ophthalmoscopes

Are you running an underground cyborg plant, anon?
>>
>>55348742
Nah, just a med fag who needs to fix his shitty car so he can deliver a bulk order of learning tools to the rest of his class
>>
>>55346550
Pro tip: Privatizing Canada Post is a good thing.
>>
>>55350124
Pro tip: That's what would have happened if Harper didn't stop the process.
>>
>>55347509
kill yourself homo...
>>
waiting for a mousepad from china since a month ago. so now it's not gonna come until next week? Man this stupid fucking piece of shit of a union is getting worst and worst day by day. hope they get a new management or just dissolve completely. canada is so shit right now with their currency and such
>>
I've got two rolls of fine solder and five pairs of db25 connectors coming from hong konk
>>
>>55348138
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Newegg and had multiple packages delivered by them. They pretty much only update the tracking once it reaches a major hub. If it shipped from BC, you won't see tracking until it arrives to your city, which is probably around 5 days.
>>
>>55347464
>>55347571
>tfw stuff is way cheaper in Mexico that Canada
>RX480 for $220
How? i know your president is fucked but your economy is really that fucked to the point we have better economy than you guys?
>>
>Canada
>relevant
pick 1
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36512850
>>
>>55347612
>Koalas are fluffy and cute adorable animals
Nigger, koalas are dangerous as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oLu7znwQ0
>>
I ordered a 1080 at my local Canada Computer a few weeks back, but they were on back order and the ETA was today. Won't be able to get it until tomorrow because Canada day though, will this affect me?
>>
>psu is dying
>Check prices for decent psu
>Tfw prices are garbage
Sucks getting paid in maple leaf instead of money
>>
>>55354560
>Sucks getting paid in maple leaf instead of money
Far better than McDonald's wrappers.
>>
Looks like everywhere is going to shit except America
>>
>>55346487

>Got all my shit yesterday

Thank god.
>>
>>55348138
>My fucking stuff has been lost by Purolater, I know it

Nah, Purolator has the worst package tracking on Earth. There's like a 30% chance any given tracking number will work, and even if it does work it has a good chance of just reading out "Shipping information received" until it's at your door.
>>
This is a bourgeoisie fucking thread. Don't let your need for instant gratification let you turn your back on worker's struggle. Workers of the World, Unite!
>>
>>55356298
Fuck off commie
>>
>>55356189
To be fair though, they are decently fast
>>
This has really fucked me up, since I'm visiting my mom in Canada in mid July, and have been ordering a lot of (mostly ChinkShit) to her house I planned to pick up (since I'm a globe-trotting transient).
>>
>>55356878
The best argument against communism, my friends.
>>
>>55347571
Newegg has them aligned with current conversion
>>
>>55357049

If its nearby, ya they're pretty god damn fast. I ordered a couple ram sticks and had them at my door in less then 24 hours
>>
>>55346487
>unions
>2016

Kill yourselves
>>
>>55358211
>capitalist
>2016

gulag yourself
>>
how does mailing work in the US?

Door to door or they use a community mailbox?
>>
>>55360542
Your post doesn't make any fucking sense, retard
>>
>>55360542
>Russian government
>Led by White CIS males

Check your privilege!
>>
>>55360665
Depends where you live and what you're shipping. All letters are always done by the USPS due to confidentiality restrictions and regulations.

Packages are delivered to your door if you own a home, and in the apartment I lived at it depended on the delivery service and the actual delivery driver as to whether my packaged were placed at door to my apartment, or on the bottom floor next to the mailbox.
>>
File: 4873984753.png (51 KB, 384x342) Image search: [Google]
4873984753.png
51 KB, 384x342
>yfw you live in Germany and post and train company strike like 8 times a year and it's more of a surprise if they actually work than when they're on strike
but the other private delivery companies are even more shit except for UPS but almost no one ships with UPS and it's hard af to find an office to give them packages
>>
>>55352104
If you didn't get it by June 30, you're not going to get it any time soon
>>
I just noticed a lot of websites have removed the option to have things shipped by Canada Post. Top fucking kek
>>
>>55362553
>rest of the country uses private couriers
>Canada Post workers lose weeks worth of pay

Brilliant strike
>>
>>55348138

>Stuff is finally local
>Its fucking Canada day
>Now I'll have to wait 3 days at least

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>55360665
both, depends on the neighborhood
>>
>>55346487
>/g/ - Transportation
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.