[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is popo! Stop your free speech!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: arrest.png (125 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
arrest.png
125 KB, 267x189
What will happen to 4chan if the internet is policed, maybe because people are so easily offended? Why do you think we need/ don't need regulation?
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fed-regulation-of-internet-coming-warn-fcc-fec-commissioners/article/2595304
>>
You can't get arrested for calling someone a nigger, so don't worry.
>>
How do you know the FCC WON'T? or give you a fine?
>>
Pie and Goodman both opposed net neutrality from the beginning, its not exactly surprising that they'd make claims like that. They're willing to say anything they can to make the FCC look like its overreaching. Interestingly they don't mind that the FCC regulates basically every other medium. If your conservative talk radio stations where they talk shit about obama aren't being shut down how do you expect them to go after millions of websites on the internet?
>>
we have mods that police illegal activity just fine, what else would we need?
>>
Will I be arrested for calling """people""" mean words?
>>
>>55344381
>Goodman drew attention to the political divide on the FEC and how Republicans have been able to block Democrats from moving against conservative media. He noted a new decision expected to be released today in which Democrats in executive session voted for the first time ever to punish a TV outlet, Fox News, for its handling of presidential debates.
Let's see what that was about.

>The vote concerned changes made to the criteria for the Fox News-hosted GOP primary debate on Aug. 6, 2015 in Cleveland. For that debate, Fox News decided to alter the format – hosting two debates instead of one and expanding the first debate for lower-polling candidates to include any candidate identified as such in national polls. Seven candidates ultimately participated in the first debate, and 10 participated in the prime-time event.

>A complaint subsequently was filed with the FEC by candidate Mark Everson – who was not in the debate – claiming those changes were tantamount to an illegal corporate contribution to the candidates on stage.

>After consideration, two Democratic commissioners – Ann Ravel and Steven Walther – concluded the network had made such an illegal contribution to the seven candidates invited to the first debate and voted to penalize. The vote failed 2-4. The other Democratic commissioner, Ellen Weintraub, did not vote to penalize Fox News and voted to dismiss.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/30/fec-democrats-tried-to-punish-fox-news-over-debate-changes-files-show.html

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
Some one could probably say it's a hate crime, i think some of those penaltys have had some jail time
>>
>>55345475
Nothing yet, but we know how assertive the FCC is
>>
>>55344381
>>darknet
>>private networks for communication
>>
>>55345482
Hate crimes have to include actual crimes I think. Hate speech doesn't exist in America so that cannot be used as a reason to arrest someone.
>>
>>55344381
Is this why /gcg/ got deleted in favor of a thousand shitty gpu threads?
>>
OP here:
>>55345575 idk what /gcg/ or gpu is
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.