[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel so bad /g/. It's pretty common nowadays to see groups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ded.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I feel so bad /g/.
It's pretty common nowadays to see groups of "hackers" finding all the personal information of a person and posting it on social networks, invading email accounts, defacing famous people/companies social networks. There's also a "hacking" series called Mrs Robot.
And I am here, watching all this things having no idea on how they do this, how they exploit stuff and laugh about it like if it was child's play.
/g/, has anyone felt the same way? Is there a way to learn this kinda of stuff by myself?
>>
A friend of mine makes thousands doing this shit. He started when he was like 13, now he's 18 and has amassed tens of thousands of euros from finding exploits/vulnerabilities, which companies reward. He used to steal and sell credit card info but now it seems he's actually making legit money in large quantities, none of which is taxed. I am mad jelly tbhfam
>>
>>55344214
Read a book.
Ask Google questions.
Everything is coding based....well kind of.

But desu it's not something you can just learn and if you do protect yourself in the hacker game then it could end badly for you..... big brotha is always watching
>>
>>55344332
Have you never asked him how to he does this?
>>
>>55344804
He doesn't like to talk about it in any great detail. Plus I'm not particularly close with him so it'd be kind of weird to suddenly ask him for hacking lessons. I can only presume he just started engaging in communities online at like 13 and learned slowly over the course of a number of years. It's only recently that he has started making a shitload of money. Honestly I'm not too bothered because I'm working on a CS degree, so I'll be making plenty myself in two or three years.
>>
>>55344874
I wish the luck I am not having right now.
I have a CS degree and, at least in my country, I am not making that much of money.
>>
>>55344978
Where do you live?
>>
That's cracking you dolt.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker
>>
>>55345019
Brazil.
>>
>>55345041
Ah. I can see why a CS degree wouldn't be in high demand there. Best of luck nonetheless
>>
>>55344214
yes but it takes a lot of work
>>55344874
you said it yourself he slowly learned it

there is no book that will teach you this
it's a lifelong dedication to learning new stuff as they emerge
>>
>>55345071
The country is pretty backward when dealing with technology, companies simply don't understand your job and think you're an "upgraded guy who fixes the pcs".
>>
Install Gentoo and learn how to make bash scripts
>>
Uninstall Gentoo then install BSD and learn unix programming
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.