[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /g/ not quite sure this is the place to ask, but fuck it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Ok /g/

not quite sure this is the place to ask, but fuck it.

I want to vent off all my computers outtake and try to vent it down to a circulation vent. However, I have the issue that i know nothing of ductwork or low power silent fans that just shift air.

The goal is to vent all the hardwares hot air out of my room entirely.

Anyone do this / have experience with this / has any clue what I'm looking for? Im looking for something that could be on 24/7
>>
>>55339920
Pictures op, let us see your setup
>>
>>55339920
Depends on how nice you want it to look. You trying to divert it into a return to be cycled through your central ac?
>>
File: wow its shit.png (148 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
wow its shit.png
148 KB, 1000x1000
>>55340148
found out card reader is dead, this is as good as i got till i get a new one.

the intake and outtake for the room are about 150mm by 400mm

the two squares are desks, there is space between them and the wall

>>55340755
honestly not 100% sure on how the set up for the house works, i know there is a vent that blows into the room and a return that should blow out, but its inefficient at this to the point that it may as well be covered.

im considering putting a fan to it. so it always is sucking air out of my room.

and how pretty i want it, i don't really care, i'm considering cardboard and duct tape so the out take for my computer deverts behind the desk to where the router is, then on the other side i would cardboard it up to a fan that goes to the return

but to make this viable i need some kind of a fan i can attach to it that can be run 24/7 without issue.

also mildly considering cutting a hole in the desks to better facilitate this if it works well, possibly with a fan on each section to push air.
>>
>>55340848
Oh, i should mention the computer and the router are the only thing i can realistically route this way,

router doesnt shit out nearly as much hot air as my pc, but its still hot and can stand to have its ambient air vented too.
>>
now that i think if it, a fan powered vent to assist the cool air coming up would be nice too, need to look into that.
>>
>>55341293
You could install an exhaust fan behind your desk, then rout flex tubing to your hot air return. Make sure you keep the fan running on your furnace, circulating the air throughout the entire house keeps temperatures level, and would facilitate drawing the heat out of your room. Also, improving the cooling inside your computer does in fact help keep the temperature of your room down.
>>
>>55343638
Also, are you in a house? Is there an attic above your room?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.