[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why they did this mess with the cooler? Couldn't they make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Why they did this mess with the cooler? Couldn't they make an itx like one, it would have looked prettier
>>
Looks pretty functional desu. You have a side by side pic?
>>
>>55334079
You're embarrassing yourself. Fuck off to your general and hide if you don't like the thread like everyone else. You have no right to shit in other threads.
>>
>>55334079

please show me the quality threads on /g/ that will be here if all GPU discussion were to suddenly vanish.

You can use archive up to 1 month old.

Go on.

Show me that quality thread.
>>
>>55334078
No, anyway i would have liked it this way
>>
>>55334061
Because the card runs at 80C+.
They needed the extra radiator length to keep it from frying itself to death.
>>
>>55334242
OIC. Just fabricate a mod? Shouldnt be too difficult
>>
>>55334079
Generals are a bannable offense except for the specific boards in which they are allowed - which for ease of use of mouthbreathing low iq retards such as yourself are aptly named - general boards.

Now sod of you autistic wanker.
>>
>>55334061
It lets the heatsink be wider primarily, having the fan extend past the pcb lets it also take in a bit of extra air from that cutout you see.

There will probably be an aftermarket card that's just the length of the pcb for ultra small cases at a later date anyway.
>>
>>55334255
I don't buy this. Learn how cooling works faggot
>>
>>55335053
The card runs at 80C WITH the extra radiator length. Whether you buy it or not, that is the reason why the cooling solution looks like that.

They just needed more radiator surface. It's a hot chip. Nothing new for AMD really.
>>
>>55335114
I had a nVidia once and the exhaust would literally burn my legs. Never again
>>
>>55334061
>looked prettier
Who cares, you put it in your case and nobody will see it.

>>55334079
They should fuck off altogether, generals just make the problem worse.
>>
I suppose you wouldn't want your new AMD™ GPU to melt. It runs hit because it uses more transistors than a Titan X, so it's also faster. Just like car engines, more cylinders equals more power equals more heat.
>>
Have you seen their cooling? holy shit how cheap.
https://youtu.be/Uvhyrz5oDPo
>>
>>55335714
>>55334100

Do you really have that little of a life?
>>
>>55335131

2 8800 Ultras and World of Warcraft (Karazhan) got me through a winter in a 10x10 room.
>>
>>55334061
ITX style coolers don't blow air out of the case, which you want on references, so that they work in bad cases and no airflow PCs.
And they are more expensive, for 199 dollar card you need cheap.
>>
>>55338888

Good summary. I would also speculate that for the target market for this card, a longer shrouded card is associated with better quality.
>>
>>55334061
It's probably for two reasons, better airflow in a dual card setup and to reduce noise levels by having less restriction on the fan.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.