[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 320x212
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
File: 1439694628507.png (81 KB, 800x1151) Image search: [Google]
1439694628507.png
81 KB, 800x1151
>>55331910
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU/Linux is in fact GNU. Linux is not part of the operating system itself, but is the kernel that is not covered by the naming system of an operating system as defined by common sense.

Many users run operating systems such as Windows, OSX, and a variant of BSD yet do not use a cumbersome naming system that includes the kernel, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, GNU has been the exception to this for no reason and has just been called "Linux" for no good reason, and many others use the insane, cumbersome term "GNU/Linux", mostly because the GNU project doesn't want you to think that Linux is a part of GNU.

There really is a Linux, and it's not part of GNU, but it's a kernel, and no one really specifies using it. GNU is the OS; the actual base system you interact with, and is useful with any compatible kernel; it can function with many different kernels such as GNU Mach or even kFreeBSD, so the whole system should only specify the kernel when it matters, because all these kernels are really irrelevant regarding GNU.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 217x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 217x278
>>55331949
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>55331910

>The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.

I never liked this part. That's like saying your heart is useless by itself but in actuality it can be used for study or a heart transplant.
>>
>>55332012
But your heart is useless on it's own; it world do nothing useful.
>>
oo'd jist looke to oonterject for moment. What yoi're referoong to as Loonix, oos oon fact, GNi/Loonix, or as oo've recently taken to calloong oot, GNi plis Loonix. Loonix oos not an operatoong system into ootself, bit rather another free component of a filly finctooonoong GNi system made isefil by the GNi coreloobs, shell itoolootooes and vootal system components comproosoong a fill OS as defooned by POSooX.
Many compiter isers rin a modoofooed versooon of the GNi system every day, woothoit realoozoong oot. Throigh a pecilooar tirn of events, the versooon of GNi whooch oos woodely ised today oos often called Loonix, and many of oots isers are not aware that oot oos basoocally the GNi system, developed by the GNi Project.
There really oos a Loonix, and these people are isoong oot, bit oot oos jist a part of the system they ise. Loonix oos the kernel: the program oon the system that allocates the machoone's resoirces to the other programs that yoi rin. The kernel oos an essentooal part of an operatoong system, bit iseless by ootself; oot can only finctooon oon the context of a complete operatoong system. Loonix oos normally ised oon comboonatooon wooth the GNi operatoong system: the whole system oos basoocally GNi wooth Loonix added, or GNi/Loonix. All the so-called Loonix doostroobitooons are really doostroobitooons of GNi/Loonix!
>>
File: 1460079047095.jpg (1 MB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
1460079047095.jpg
1 MB, 1296x968
a'd jast lake tu anterject fur mument. What yua're referang tu as Lanax, as an fact, GNa/Lanax, ur as a've recently taken tu callang at, GNa plas Lanax. Lanax as nut an uperatang system antu atself, bat rather anuther free cumpunent uf a fally fanctaunang GNa system made asefal by the GNa curelabs, shell atalataes and vatal system cumpunents cumprasang a fall uS as defaned by PuSaX.
Many cumpater asers ran a mudafaed versaun uf the GNa system every day, wathuat realazang at. Thruagh a pecalaar tarn uf events, the versaun uf GNa whach as wadely ased tuday as uften called Lanax, and many uf ats asers are nut aware that at as basacally the GNa system, develuped by the GNa Pruject.
There really as a Lanax, and these peuple are asang at, bat at as jast a part uf the system they ase. Lanax as the kernel: the prugram an the system that allucates the machane's resuarces tu the uther prugrams that yua ran. The kernel as an essentaal part uf an uperatang system, bat aseless by atself; at can unly fanctaun an the cuntext uf a cumplete uperatang system. Lanax as nurmally ased an cumbanataun wath the GNa uperatang system: the whule system as basacally GNa wath Lanax added, ur GNa/Lanax. All the su-called Lanax dastrabatauns are really dastrabatauns uf GNa/Lanax!
>>
>>55332033
But studying the heart by itself helps people create new synthetic and better hearts.
>>
File: kek ethernet wires.jpg (125 KB, 503x496) Image search: [Google]
kek ethernet wires.jpg
125 KB, 503x496
ee'd jxyrst leeke to eenterject for moment. Wheet yoxyr're refereeng to ees Leenxyrx, ees een feect, GNxyr/Leenxyrx, or ees ee've recently teeken to ceelleeng eet, GNxyr plxyrs Leenxyrx. Leenxyrx ees not een opereeteeng system xyrnto eetself, bxyrt reether eenother free component of ee fxyrlly fxyrncteeoneeng GNxyr system meede xyrsefxyrl by the GNxyr coreleebs, shell xyrteeleeteees eend veeteel system components compreeseeng ee fxyrll OS ees defeened by POSeeX.
Meeny compxyrter xyrsers rxyrn ee modeefeeed verseeon of the GNxyr system every deey, weethoxyrt reeeleezeeng eet. Throxyrgh ee pecxyrleeeer txyrrn of events, the verseeon of GNxyr wheech ees weedely xyrsed todeey ees often ceelled Leenxyrx, eend meeny of eets xyrsers eere not eeweere theet eet ees beeseeceelly the GNxyr system, developed by the GNxyr Project.
There reeelly ees ee Leenxyrx, eend these people eere xyrseeng eet, bxyrt eet ees jxyrst ee peert of the system they xyrse. Leenxyrx ees the kernel: the progreem een the system theet eelloceetes the meecheene's resoxyrrces to the other progreems theet yoxyr rxyrn. The kernel ees een essenteeeel peert of een opereeteeng system, bxyrt xyrseless by eetself; eet ceen only fxyrncteeon een the context of ee complete opereeteeng system. Leenxyrx ees normeelly xyrsed een combeeneeteeon weeth the GNxyr opereeteeng system: the whole system ees beeseeceelly GNxyr weeth Leenxyrx eedded, or GNxyr/Leenxyrx. eell the so-ceelled Leenxyrx deestreebxyrteeons eere reeelly deestreebxyrteeons of GNxyr/Leenxyrx!
>>
Summary:

1. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
2. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
3. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux.
4. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
5. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.
6. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
7. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.
8. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
9. I'd just like to interject for moment.
>>
File: 1.png (560 KB, 1195x759) Image search: [Google]
1.png
560 KB, 1195x759
>>55331973

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.
There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just.Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
I like to refer to it as xorg-server + GNU/Linux inside.
>>
File: 1466400398425.webm (2 MB, 228x210) Image search: [Google]
1466400398425.webm
2 MB, 228x210
xi'd jacst lxike to xinterjexct for momunet. Whaut yoac're referxing to as Lxinacx, xis xin faxct, GNac/Lxinacx, or as xi've recunetly takune to caellxing xit, GNac placs Lxinacx. Lxinacx xis not aun operautxing cyctem acnto xitself, baxct rauthuir aunothuir fREEE componunet of a facelly facnxctxionxing GNac cyctem made acsefacl by thui GNac corelxibs, sheell axctxilxitxies aund vxital cyctem componunets comprxisxing a facell OS as defxined by POSxiX.
Mauny compaxcter acsers racn a modxifxied versxion of thui GNac cyctem every daix, wxithoaxct realxizxing xit. Thraoacgh a pecaclxiar tacrn of evunets, thui versxion of GNac whxich xis wxidely acsed todaix xis oftune caeleld Lxinacx, aund mauny of xits acsers are not aware thaut xit xis basxicaelly thui GNac cyctem, developed by thui GNac Praojexct.
thuire reaelly xis a Lxinacx, aund thuise peopel are acsxing xit, baxct xit xis jacst a part of thui cyctem thuiy acse. Lxinacx xis thui kernel: thui praogram xin thui cyctem thaut aellocautes thui machxine's resoacrces to thui othuir praograms thaut yoac racn. thui kernel xis aun essunetxial part of aun operautxing cyctem, baxct acseelss by xitself; xit caun only facnxctxion xin thui context of a compelte operautxing cyctem. Lxinacx xis normaelly acsed xin combxinautxion wxith thui GNac operautxing cyctem: thui whoel cyctem xis basxicaelly GNac wxith Lxinacx added, or GNac/Lxinacx. Aell thui so-caeleld Lxinacx dxistrxibaxctxions are reaelly dxistrxibaxctxions of GNac/Lxinacx!
>>
I'd jacst lxik0x03y087 tX xint0x03w087rj0x0340xct fXr mXmun0x03t87t. Whaut y03segfaultc'r0x0340 r0x0340f0x0y087rxing tX as Lxinacx, xis xin faxct, GNac/Lxinacx, Xr as xi'v0x0340 r0x0340cun0x0340tly takun0x0340 tX ca0x0340llxing xit, GNac placs Lxinacx. Lxinacx xis n030sa0t aun Xp0xw40rautxing cyct0x0340panic acntX xits0x0340lf, baxct rauthuir aunXthuir fR0x03689x03689x0340 cXmpXnun0x0340t87t Xf a fac0x0340lly facnxctxiXnxing GNac cyct0x0340panic mad0x0340 acs0x0340facl by thui GNac cXr0x0340lxibs, sh0x03689x0340ll axctxilxitxi0x0340s aund vxital cyct0x0340panic cXmpXnun0x0340ts cXmprxisxing a fac0x0340llg XS as d0x0340fxin0x0340d by PXSxiX.
Mauny cXmpaxct0x0340r acs0x0340rs racn a mXdxifxi0x034r87d v0x0e040rsxiXn Xf thui GNac cyct0x0340panic 0x0340v0x0340ry daix, wxith03segfaultxct r0x0240alxizxing xit. Thra03segfaultcgh a p0x0340caclxiar tacrn Xf 0x0340vgun0x0340t7ts, thui v0x0340rsxiXn Xf GNac whxich xis wxid0x0340ly acs0x0340d tXdaix xis Xftun0x034987 ca0x0340l0x0340ld Lxinacx, aund mauny Xf xits acs0x0340rs ar0x0340 nXt awar0x0340 thaut xit xis basxica0x0340lly thui GNac cyct0x034b0panic, d0x0340v0x0340lXp0x0340d by thui GNac Praj0x0340xct.
thuir0x0340 r0x0240a0x0340lly xis a Lxinacx, aund thuis0x0340 p0x0368903h0p0x0340l ar0x0340 acsxing xit, baxct xit xis jacsat a part 030g0f thui cyct0x0340panic thuiy acs0x0340. Lxinacx xis thui k0x0340rn0x0340l: thui praXgram xin thui cyct0x0340panic thaut a0x0340llXcaut0x0340s thui machxin0x0340's r0x0340s03segfaultcrc0x0340s tX tghui Xthuir praXgraems thaut yh0ac racn. thui k0x0340rn0x034a087l xis aun xial part Xf aun Xp0txing cyct0x0340panic, baxct acs03408y7lss by xits0jpanic. Lxinacx xis nXrma0x040lly acsj0x0340d xin cXmbxinautxi03f03n wxith thui GNac Xp0x0340rautxing cyct0x0340panic: thui whX0x0340l cyct0x0340panic xis basxica0x0340lly aNac wxith Lxinacx add0x0340d, 030qar GNac/Lxinacx. A0x03yvy7ll thui sX-ca0x0340l0x0340m7ld Lxinacx dxistrxibaxctxiXns ar0x0340 r0x0340g87a0x0340lly dxistrctxiXns Xf GNac/Lxinacx end
>>
this could yet go on for a while... waiting for Zalgo...
>>
O͔͖ͅh̖̳̯͚̤ ͈͚̲͙̙̮͔͢s͚͈h̪̬̣̯͜i̴t̠̮̳.͎̰̩̜͇̹ͅ.̧̣̻.̢͙͙̭ ͉
>>
File: 1372550409024.png (131 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1372550409024.png
131 KB, 300x300
G̴͇̠͚͔̟̦̖̣̗̗̭͙̑̍͑̎̐ͫ̈́́ͦ̌̉ͤͭ̉̆̾̔͘N̷̺̝͙̥̼̓̆̆͑ͬͮ̏ͤ̇̔Ṵ̴̺̹̳̮͉ͯ̿̈͑ͪ̍̄̌͗̊̂̀͆̑ͬ͝ ̶̢̨̤̰̮̱̪̱̭͚̟̪ͧ̒̒ͥ̿͊̀͠p̣̠͔̻̱̱͍̝͇̙͍͔͕̘̱̙̬͎̱ͬ͐ͭ͗̈́ͪ̔ͯ̓̓ͨ̽̃̽͢l̵̢͙̼͇̠͔̘͚̤̼̇̀͛̈ͣų̴̨̜͎̼̖̦̱̜͕͍ͥͬ̅̂̽͐͟͡s̛ͦ̏ͦ́̑͗̈̕͏̗͔̱͈̻̠̰̤̟̗͡ ̎̉ͫ̄̔̔̏͞҉͉̼̦̻̺̭̰̥͕͓͙̞̼̲͓͖͍͕̣L̩̣͉̝̟͎̩̒ͭ͋͌͂̕̕͠i̷̧͔̠̪̩͙͗̽̒ͬͩ̀ͩ̌͒ͯͥ̔͐ͬ̎̆̂n̶̶ͦ͊ͯ̓̃̍ͫ̊ͤͣ̋̆̄͑̅̍͑҉͕͇̭̖̹̩͈͉͓̻͔̪̤̫͚̖ͅu̢̻̗̭̞̬̠͕͈̅͐ͯ͊ͦ̕x̶̧̣͉̯̪̺̥̺̫͙͎̓̍̾̏͗ͫͣͯͨ̂͌͑̆ͧ̀
̷̺̗̺̘̟̻̘̘̹̮̠̙̲ͫ̇ͯ̄̒ͩ̈͗ͣͬ̓ͨ̚l̡̓̓͐ͧ̒̊҉҉̛͇̦̻̟̲̠͞o̵̵̧̧̤̞͇̠͈̱͙̣̊̏̏ͣ̃̽́͊ͫͩ͛̀̀͛͒̅ͩͮ͠v̢̛̟͔̰͚̰̠͚̹̘̫͖̦̩̬̱̄̓ͣͫͨ͛ͫͮ́͞e̵̬̙͓̱̳͈̦̲̖̗̺̝ͦ̃͆̐̃̂̊̀̄̔ͩ̾̋́̋̆̚̚͝ ̸̡̫͕̳̬̈́͒̅̓̈́́͜ͅṘ̢̨̡̛̺̘̳͔̝̩̥͓̭͎̬̯̭̥͇̰̙̽̋̇ͩ̂ͭͦ̎ͨ͛̿̈́̒̔ͭ̓ͤ͡M̈ͭ̇ͣͩ͒̌̾͋҉͏̺̩̼̠͙͔̖̳̜̼̣̦̩̼̲̖S̈́̎̌̈͏̵̝̭̪̤̘͙̥̻̮̮̝̮͇̘͘
̶̨̩̪̘̻̮̘̣̠͖͖̹͇͚̩͋͑ͯ̓̏ͩ̋ͨ̈́̉̃͒ͧ͠͡ͅ
>>
Waht ur roofent 2 is actuallt gnoo + loncucks
Or as I haev been callin it, instol gen2

>INSTOL GEN2
>INSTOL GEN2
>INSTOL GEN2
>>
File: OOPS.png (861 KB, 858x538) Image search: [Google]
OOPS.png
861 KB, 858x538
I'd just like to interject for moment nigger. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, Sparrow, or as I've recently taken to calling it, TempleOS. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning CIA nigger system made useful by the NSA corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by SATAN.
Many computer users run a modified version of the Temple system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of TempleOS which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the TempleOS system, developed by the TempleOS Project.
There really is a GOD, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. GOD is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GOD is normally used in combination with the TempleOS operating system: the whole system is basically TempleOS with GOD added, or TempleOS/GOD. All the so-called GOD distributions are really distributions of TempleOS/GOD!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.