[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good a deal is this? https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sv_cp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: landing_moto_1[1].jpg (40 KB, 712x396) Image search: [Google]
landing_moto_1[1].jpg
40 KB, 712x396
How good a deal is this?

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sv_cps_2?ie=UTF8&node=14613304011

Blu R1 HD or Moto G4 at reduced prices if you allow them to put ads on your lockscreen

Considering the low prices, and how hard/easy it would be to uninstall their shitware and root/unlock the phones for total freedom
>>
>>55331684
>total freedom
>mobile phone
Pick one
>>
>>55331705
Well yeah, but you know what I mean. At least get rid of the adware and shitware they put on the phone.

I believe that if it can be done you'll end up with a decently powered phone at a good price
>>
>>55331684
if it has an unlocked bootloader there's pretty much no reason for someone tech-competent to spend the extra $50 when they could either flash a clone of the stock moto g rom or an entirely new one
>>
LOCKSCREEN ADS
CK
SC
RE
EN
ADS
>>
>>55331742
>>55331684
just looked at the page
>Unlocked and carrier-friendly
so unless they plan to sue you for removing the ads it's solid
>>
>>55331760
Well yeah, for the non-tech competent this is a problem

But if you know your shit, and if it has an unlocked bootloader then you can get a decent phone for a good price and simply remove the shitware
>>
>>55331783
says in their listing the bootloader is unlocked
however, if there's some kind of agreement to viewing the ads that the user has to verify before buying (or if a court assumes that it's implied) there could be legal implications
I wonder if amazon would join the push to illegalize modifying devices that you own?
>>
>>55331833

>>55331833
>there could be legal implications

People buy Fire tablets, root, flash stock android ROMs and now they have a decent android tab for cheap and there haven't been reports of lawsuits
>>
>le me be a major company
>see some neckbeards removing adware
>no fucks given.jpg
>focus on normals and try to sell them shit
>>
>>55331833

jesus christ, how are you this retarded?

No, Amazon is not going to litigate you in a civil suit because they sold you a phone and you changed the firmware.
>>
>>55331833
Jesus fucking christ.

Nigger, it is CARRIER unlocked.
The bootloader is definitely NOT unlocked.

You dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Motorola has had locked down tight bootloaders for a long time, and now with Amazon pushing their Ads, no way they would allow them to leave it unlocked.

And Amazon has done very good recently to lock their own devices down.
Its going to be pretty hard to root this, you potentially may NEVER get roms for it.
>>
That's a pretty good deal.

Just flash CM and you're good.
>>
>>55331937
Yeah, about that.
The original Kindle Fire got rooted immediately.

So much for not caring, they started pushing heavy duty updates to stop it. To the point that your device would download and automatically update by itself when it was in sleep mode without your consent.

They have put huge efforts into stopping you from doing anything with the newer devices.

They dont want you removing the ads, and they really dont want you to install Gapps.
They blocked the fucking framework for google apps from sideloading, so you need root for the play store.
>>
>>55332024
Motorola has bootloader unlock tools on their website. I dont think YOU know what you're talking about.
>>
>>55332066
Oh, you mean the ones that quit working on new devices after the Lenovo sale?

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>55331760
>you know that lock screen that has that picture of your most cherished friends or beloved family ?
>well we put an ad for $20 off your next major purchase at home depot WHEN YOU PEND $100 OR MORE!
>welcome to the future!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.