[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, I've decided to become a digital Nomad I plan on moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: siagontraffic_big[1].jpg (346 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
siagontraffic_big[1].jpg
346 KB, 900x675
/g/, I've decided to become a digital Nomad

I plan on moving around in South East asia, working on software and some online work. I have an international smartphone with a 10,000mah battery built in, and am looking at what other tech i need to live this way. everything must fit on a light motorcycle. I'm thinking a backpack for absolute essentials and one rucksack for clothes.

So let's talk laptops, i'm thinking a 17.3" 1080p with G-sync (for muh gaymen). I'm not going to be always moving, but will be relocating every 3 months or so so it's more a portable desktop replacement than a really portable laptop

Any advice? also, what other tech should i take with me?
>>
>running around with a gaymen laptop in your backpack in Southeast Asia
You won't be a digital nomad for long. Or at least you won't remain digital
>>
File: main_1200[1].jpg (139 KB, 1200x757) Image search: [Google]
main_1200[1].jpg
139 KB, 1200x757
>>55331477
>what other tech should i take with me?
knife, gun, pic related printed on photo paper, mandarin-english dictionary, fishing hooks and line, led flashlight, lighter, picture of chairman mao on photo paper, 9v battery, copy of free as in freedom by richard m. stallman, thinkpad x200
>>
I plan on doing this as well, moving every three months is a good thing to do especially if you plan on doing visa's, as the easy to get ones expire every three months. I'm going to Vietnam next summer with some to see how I like it, then I'll be going there to stay.
>>
>>55331477
>Digital Nomad
>
>I plan on moving around in South East asia
lol
>>
File: overpriced gamur shit.png (21 KB, 521x397) Image search: [Google]
overpriced gamur shit.png
21 KB, 521x397
>>55331570
I'm involved with software development, I require a "gaming" laptop
>>
>>55331596
this is a bad idea in SE asia because...?
>>
>>55331627
You will literally be stabbed and robbed
>>
>>55331477
>i'm thinking a 17.3" 1080p with G-sync
I hope you get mugged and stabbed within the first week, >>>/v/ trash
>>
>>55331641
South east ASIA, not south east united states!
>>
>>55331656
Yes, you will literally be stabbed and robbed. Go for it tho it'll be funny
>>
>>55331643
>I hope you get mugged and stabbed within the first week, >>>/v/ trash
I sure do love screen tearing!
>>
Solar power USB charger or that solar powered laptop.
>>
>>55331671
and you can take your thinly veiled nvidia shilling right with you, faggot
>>
File: $_57.gif (124 KB, 487x761) Image search: [Google]
$_57.gif
124 KB, 487x761
>>55331667
How will people know i have a laptop in my backpack?
>>
>>55331697
you're a white, fat american kid with a laptop

what more do they need to know
>>
>>55331697
Were you planning on never using it? If they see it they will follow you, stab you and rob you
>>
>>55331697
Singapore and Thailand might be a good place plus whores and cocaines
>>
>>55331710
>white
yes
>fat
no
>american
no

>>55331717
In my rented private accommodation? who the fuck is following me into my apartment? I think you've seen way too many movies and are just saying awful things at every single person you meet so when something bad does happen to one of the 1000's of people you've said these things to you can saw about how you were right.
>>
>south east asia is a hellhole where people follow you into your house, stab you, and steal your things that they knew you had psychically
>>
>>55331717
wait... do you use your laptop in public?

are you Autistic?
>>
>>55331849
>implying I own a laptop
>>
>muh gaymen

>>>/v/
>>
>>55331477
https://system76.com/laptops/bonobo

thank me later
>>
>>>/int/61500612
>>
>>55331603
>require
suuure you do.

but get real. you think you're gonna roam around south east asia, play video games and "just" get software development work whenever you feel like it?

you must be under the impression that it's really inexpensive to live there, or something because reality check, it's not the 1990s anymore.
>>
>>55331477
I've been a digital nomad for the past 3 years

I'd use a smaller, lighter and more efficient laptop with a better battery life, why game when you can visit cool places in a foreign country and meet cool people from around the world? Just ditch gaming

Also you'll need:

A monkey fist (some places in south east asia are really dangerous)
A big power bank
A water filter (in case you have to drink something that does not come from a sealed bottle)
Lots of diarrhea medications
A nice everyday backpack (i use the fjallraven 26l and it's excellent)
Security double sided carabiners to lock your backpack zippers
A pocket knife (you never know)

Have fun and meets lots of people man! Good luck!
>>
>>55331477
where do you live ? i see your pic is saigon - vietnam . i love this country ,how i can work here ?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.