[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daw General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: DAW GENERAL_2.png (635 KB, 720x547) Image search: [Google]
DAW GENERAL_2.png
635 KB, 720x547
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>What is best drug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links and info:
For the sake of work, you are allowed to use a name. Just don't
make yourself look like a dumb ass and make me regret saying
that.

If you need help, you can use Clyp.it if you wish to stay anon.

If this thread is ded you are welcomed to Nexus, A discord
server specifically made around 4chan. If link is bork,
please message the thread. There is a DAW General chat here:

https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pK158w6

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]

If you have a good tutorial from youtube, post it, next Gen,
I'l begin a list and make a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoom3dk&list=PLGYoE903Nir5I5A8IBNVV0euTUuKcpq7Y
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchjpg1aaY91WubqAYRcNsg
>>>/mu/prod if you're interested more of the production.
>>
Selfish bump
>>
Will Bitwig respect my freedoms?
>>
>>55329588
I dunno.
>>
I think this was a bad time to do this
>>
>>55330499
or maybe just go to /prod/
>>
live 9
4 years
6 years
drum and bass
drum and bass
no
Operator, Addictive Keys
I'm still doing this after 6 years, yes
>>
>>55331008
my thread use to be something popular so I'm just trying to stay alive ya know?
>>
>>55331053
might as well post an example too

this is probably the best/my favorite song on my soundcloud right now. It's liquid drum and bass.
https://soundcloud.com/smortypi/mono-no-aware-work-in

then there's this. It's hardstep. Please, for the love of god, ignore the first 1:25 seconds. They suck. I just haven't written a better beginning yet.
https://soundcloud.com/smortypi/owari-complete
PS, if someone could give me tips on how to master ^^^ better, I'd be grateful. I've tried to for months and it just makes it worse.
>>
File: electrostatic meow.jpg (59 KB, 605x599) Image search: [Google]
electrostatic meow.jpg
59 KB, 605x599
arise thread
>>
>>55331236
Mastering tips: torrent ozone
Compress the shit out of everything and throw some sausage fattener on the master bus
>>
>>55331236
love the drum and bass one, wish there was more of an intro with a build up and a little something of a drop. it kinda sounds like it needs to be mastered but maybe my car speakers are too shit.

Good Shit tho! keep it up
>>
File: y.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>55328914
Try practicing better u-sage of your time, because this thread is cancer.
>>
>>55331820
ok
>>
>>55328914
/autism/ general
fuck off
>>
>>55331899
>>55331820
don't you talentless hacks have a gpu you need to stick your cocks in
>>
>>55331912
thank you /g/ i love you
>>
Is FL Studio deserving of the mockery, or does it accomplish roughly the same function as the rest, just in a more digestible package for the layman? I want to believe this, but I can't help but feel the comparison is more like Windows to an open source OS, if we're talking about pro tools at least. You can get the job done with FL and get decent results if you really push it to it's limits, but you're never going to get the seemingly infinite molecular control over your mix that you can with Pro Tools. I've been doing this stuff since grade-school but have only ever torrented my DAW's and never really did much with anything besides Ableton, Fl and logic.
What do y'alls think? I am in the position now where I can afford it, but I've been using FL/Ableton since I was 14, I'm not an audio engineer I just like making music; but, at the same time I kinda feel like I should man the fuck up and just learn Pro tools like an adult.

Also mescalin.
>>
>>55331992
FL Studio is fine. Every DAW does the same thing, give or take. People who say retarded shit about FL having "worse audio quality" and other shit are retarded. People who rip on FL have the same mindset as an audiophile.

That said, FL and PT are very different workflows. PT has infinitely better tracking, comping, etc. FL is much better at MIDI tracking/programming (PT fucking *blows* when it comes to this), makes reuse of parts extremely easy, plugin compatibility, etc. FL lends itself extremely well to producing music (which seems to be what you want to do), while PT is great for recording, tracking real instruments, and the like.

I've used FL Studio for about a year. I've a long ways to go but it's the program where the workflow just clicked (this is the main difference between DAWs). I use REAPER more than FL; most of my time is spent actually recording, mixing, reamping, etc. actual instruments.

I considered Pro Tools, but the DRM is insufferable. Really, it's fucking bad. The subscription system is retarded, the hardware ecosystem is expensive, and although REAPER isn't "the industry standard!!!1!1!!1!", I'd rather use the software that has the scripting, native plugin bridging, handling of tracks, extensions, and developer response that REAPER does.

Glenn Fricker has a YouTube channel where he gets some sweet results with REAPER (even if he is a little abrasive). Metro Boomin', MIGHTYFOOLS, and deadmau5 all did very well with FL. Name a DAW and there's plenty of professionals using it, so just go with the one that has the best workflow for you.

ProTools will not make you better. Trying to fit your circular workflow in PTs square hole will just slow you down.
>>
>>55332217
Also, I'm not in to drugs. I tried my fair share, but the appeal is kind of lost on me. I always like to be on my game and as sharp as possible so it's been years since I've touched drugs or booze; I found things I love and that was better, I guess.
>>
>>55332217
>>55331992
you also need to take into account for workflow and how restrictive (or not) the interfaces are

it's been a long time since I've used FL Studio. When I first began using Live, it was incredibly daunting and all my stuff sounded like shit. However, after overcoming the learning curve, I never looked back. Stuff that's simply not possible in FL is easy to do and even encouraged in Live. Not to mention, nearly /everything/ has an envelope and I don't remember that being the case with FL. Then again it's been 4 years.

PS, Live is up there with Pro Tools. Don't shit on live.
>>
>>55328914
>General

Fuck off
>>
>>55332770
refer to
>>55331912
>>
>>55332770
you didn''t have to come here
>>
>>55328914
Is there any way to pirate cubase? I've only found shitty blogspot sites with fake download links so far.
>>
>What DAW is yours?
Ableton
>How long you been on it?
4 years
>How long have you been into music?
4 years
>What genre do you play with the most?
Techno
>What Genre do you think you are best at?
Shitty techno
>Have you thought about changing up to something else?
Yes. All hardware. Tr-8, TT-303, etc
>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?
Love love love Arturia's Prophet VST
>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where
yea because music is fucking fun
>>
>>55328914
Reaper/MPC
2 years
10 years
Hip hop
Hip hop
Nope
Trillian Bass
Yes

Weed
>>
Will upgrading to windows 10 fuck up pirated live and reason installs?
>>
>>55337144
not that im aware of
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.