[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/apg/ - Air purifier general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: apg.png (325 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
apg.png
325 KB, 600x600
Previous thread >>55323216

ITT we discuss air purifiers and similar devices.

>inb4 fell for the air purifier meme
>>
>falling for the air purifier meme

>>>/out/
>>
Does anyone have one of those older Sharper Image air purifiers with the electrode cartridge and three wires running down the inside?

I had one that was sparking really badly, so I took it apart to clean it and found not only was it full of disgusting sticky shit that hadn't stuck to the electrodes, but at the very bottom of the unit there is a sharp, pointed blade of metal that has no conceivable purpose other than to injure anyone who attempts to disassemble it.
>>
My air conditioner has a HEPA filter built in, why the fuck would I need another one?
>>
>>55325554
>he doesn't have an Air Activator® 5000

What are you poor or something?
>>
>>55325427
Why don't you just get an air purifying plant?
>>
File: Hamilton Beach 04383 TrueAir.jpg (91 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hamilton Beach 04383 TrueAir.jpg
91 KB, 1000x1000
I wanna get this piece of shit for a small room. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896705069 You just vacuum the thing when it gets gunked up so there's no replacement filters, which is nice. I get that it's low tier but I only really want it to deal with airborne dust. Would it work well enough?
>>
air purifiers are good for a day or two and then they make me feel like i have flu. fuck them.
>>
File: filter.jpg (30 KB, 425x337) Image search: [Google]
filter.jpg
30 KB, 425x337
>>55325427
Does a carbon filter count?
>>
>>55325529
I had an ionic breeze.
Thats its whole job, its supposed to spark and make crackle noises when it uses static electricity to grab dirt out of the air.

And they do get really disgusting. Wipe the bar down with water.

Dont use the Ozone setting (green light)
Turns out Ozone causes flu like symptoms when you use them.

I threw mine away in like 2009 though.
>>
File: GermGuardianAC-4825.jpg (28 KB, 270x673) Image search: [Google]
GermGuardianAC-4825.jpg
28 KB, 270x673
I'm running two of these plus two older kenmore hepa filters. Even with all that and regular vacuuming things still get dusty.
>>
>>55327426
post your grow set up
>>
>>55327424

Probably because you're using an "ionic' air purifier that essentially does nothing but put toxic ozone into the air you breathe. Use a regular HEPA type air filter.
>>
>>55328300
But it restores the ozone layer!

>muh O3
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.