[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once you taste freedom, you can never go back. Nobody switches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: libreboot-t400.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
libreboot-t400.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
Once you taste freedom, you can never go back.
Nobody switches back from GNU to Windows.
>>
i did switch from gnu to osx tho lol
>>
>>55324950
i've been bouncing back and forth for a like a decade now.

I feel i understand both worlds...

Now all i need to do is somehow getting a free (gratis) Macbook Pro...

also in i'm thinking of messing around with ReactOS next
>>
>>55324950
dear diary,
today OP wasn't a fag.
>>
I went from GNU/Linux to Windows.

I work as an engineer and do 3d modeling, CAD, plasma table programming, and other things that do not run on anything but windows for shit. Not to mention that I enjoy games at full performance with good drivers.

I set up servers and laptops with Linux though.
>>
File: linux not even once.jpg (54 KB, 640x510) Image search: [Google]
linux not even once.jpg
54 KB, 640x510
>>55324950
I went from linux to windows

GNU not even once
>>
>>55325257
libreboot Thinkpad T400
>>
>>55324950
I switched to linux once upon a time. Then I realized nothing I wanted to do could be done on linux and switched back
>>
>>55324950
I did. I couldn't wait any longer for Linux to get native Adobe Creative Cloud.
>>
>>55324950
I bought an X200 and send it to Leah Rowe to have it liberated when windows 10 happened on my desktop.

Stopped using my desktop and almost exclusively use Trisquel on my RYF Libreboot X200
>>
day: developing software for windows using visual studio with vsvim, hating my life, but making good money
night: using vim+tmux on gnu/linux. one day i hope to find a job where i can use this skillset and ditch windows.

i used to think windows and devstudio with C# sonarlint, codecracker, and resharper was effective .. after doing a 180 and finally really getting into C, Rust and terminal software i reallize how shit fucked up wrong i was.
now after a unhappy time with doing both i look for a breakup with all of microsofts shit.

i tried continuing microsofts way of bullshit and adapting it but making my own dev environment with:
vim + tmux + all that the vim plugins out there+a good .vimrc + a good .tmux.conf + mutt + lynx + ssh + .. all the unix tools! ..
..i find it was the best descion i ever made and it becomes better daily.
the freedom part is a gaint bonus, but i also really like the customization and effectiveness part.
never used better software in my life, it really grew on me.

i realize though that my friends that can't even remember 3 gesture touch apps on phones and are doomed because they never will use a keyboard or the terminal effectively.

i walk the path of the lone wolf among the sheep, lets hope there are still enough of us out there to make a living and keep the glory of the terminal alive
>>
>>55325244
Spatry is a recovering alcoholic m8. Even at the earlier time in the left frame. He just gained some weight and some wrinkles. He's always been pretty crazy once he got used to doing YouTube, though.
>>
Just ordered a T400 for €60 so I can libre it.
I got so spooked about the Intel botnet so I decided to get rid of my Ivy Bridge laptop
>>
I didn't actually switch back to windows but I get 3000 rupees deposited in my winloo account every time I post that I did.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.