[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for some help in understanding what appears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: reddit_log-100011890-large.jpg (18 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
reddit_log-100011890-large.jpg
18 KB, 580x388
I'm looking for some help in understanding what appears to be some deeply flawed design decisions of reddit, and how those flaws either are not flawed, or how reddit might prevent users from taking advantage of them.

On reddit, the moderation staff appears to be vary subreddit to subreddit, with all mods across the entire site being community volunteers with their power limited to the subreddits they mod and nothing else. The actual paid staff that interacts with the user end of reddit seems to be limited to a few administrators, who are able to view IPs and ban people site wide.

The report system seems to have no flood detection, and is sent to mods anonymously. The only requirement to create a reddit account is an email address, and one email address may be used to create an unlimited number of reddit accounts. Any user may gain control of any subreddit, so long as all the mods of that subreddit have been inactive for ~30 days.

Until a few weeks ago, stickied posts could appear on the front page, and therefore a moderator of a sufficiently popular subreddit could easily get whatever they wanted on the front page by stickying an appropriate post, ensuring that the first thing everyone on that subreddit saw and therefore voted and commented on, was whatever they wanted on the front page.

So, can anyone help me understand how no one has taken advantage of what seem to be obscene lapses in design to mass report/post things, gain control of as many subreddits as possible, clog the front page, and otherwise be an utter nuisance to the site as a whole?
>>
seriously pal I don't mean this offensively but
>>>/voat/
>>
Ask Reddit or any of its copies.
>>
>>55323057
Fuck off.
>>
>>55323101
From what I have seen of the people that moderate that shithole there is nowhere I can post it without getting banned.
>>
File: 5B9oTm.jpg (81 KB, 960x633) Image search: [Google]
5B9oTm.jpg
81 KB, 960x633
>>55323057
Send a pull request :-)
>>
I'm actually a Reddit mod AMA

No, I won't tell you which sub
>>
>>55324451
nvm i'm leaving

RIP thread
>>
>>55323101
> going on reddit
No
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.